Minitaur Editor 2.0 / DAW midi conflict, anyone else ?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
mydni

Minitaur Editor 2.0 / DAW midi conflict, anyone else ?

Post by mydni » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 am

Hi,
I've just bought my minitaur, love the hardware, sounds awesome but the editor is really really buggy.
As soon as I try to record automation in live with knobs (moog minitaur live input track on), the editor GUI becomes sluggish, sometimes two or three knobs are turning together whereas I only turn one on the minitaur (and hence sending wrong values...). Each time, I have to relaunch the editor. When the track input of the minitor in live is set to off, the editor behaves properly but...I cannot record automations :( .
I've tried in Logic and while it's a bit better, after 5 mins the editor becomes mad...
There is certainly a midi conflict between channels, daw/editor.
Anyone else has experienced this ? A solution ?
Hope it's not a problem with my minitaur.
Thks for your help.
EDIT : same with the editor not running, when I try to record automation from the minitaur (minitaur track input on) the minitaur (knob value) itself is sluggish...

mydni

Re: Minitaur Editor 2.0 / DAW midi conflict, anyone else ?

Post by mydni » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:27 am

Can confirm my unit is almost unusable as an input device in live (Live 8.3.4 on mac os 10.6.8) > wrong value, sluggish, editor or not.
I can change it wether there is a pb so please help.
Thks

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:02 am

It should be running solid... and most likely the problem is not your hardware.
Just try updating the firmware again if you haven't already
http://www.moogmusic.com/products/tauru ... nloads-tab
Then make sure you power off and on again after you run the update

then check to make sure you are actually using the Editor version 2 as well ~ they look identical so it's easy to make that mistake ( I did!) :D

mydni wrote:Can confirm my unit is almost unusable as an input device in live (Live 8.3.4 on mac os 10.6.8) > wrong value, sluggish, editor or not.
I can change it wether there is a pb so please help.
Thks
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

mydni

Post by mydni » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Thks mister pete,
I've updated the firmware again, same pb...
Then I've turned local ctrl off (cc 122) and it's better, I can record automation in Live but still at some point the editor is becoming crazy, it's turning two knobs together, always the last I've touched with new one. I have to relaunch the editor and It's fine. I think even with local ctrl off there are still midi feedback artifacts.
Do use the minitaur/minitaur editor in live with success ?
Thks

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm

It sounds like you MIGHT be having some MIDI routing issues when trying to use the Editor and your DAW software at the same time.
It seems the Editor is very particular about the routing of its internal input & output ports.

There might be some info in another thread I started that could help a bit:
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14726
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...