Serious problems with Minitaur and editor

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
citric_acid

Re: Serious problems with Minitaur and editor

Post by citric_acid » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:29 pm

ok ...it seems to be a sporadic thing . after using the mood whee again its gone.
I tweak the knop till it´s broken

Freebot

Post by Freebot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 pm

I am having serious issues as well. First off, I have tried registering my Minitaur several times with both the MT involved and without, and I have yet to get a download link or even have the Minitaur show up in my gear list (the slim phatty appears, but all my new moog gear does not). Thankfully somebody else hooked me up with the editor which is pretty ridiculous in the first place. What sense is there in "hiding" the download. You need a piece of moog gear to use it right?????
Anyway, the big issue I am having with the editor is it is not saving my custom presets. I build something on the panel and LOVE IT!!!!! But, when I go to save it to the editor, it first changed the name (no matter what I type) into this "E7%D7%E8%......" Now it still behaves the same way but saves them as "DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRS". Either way, the Minitaur makes no sound when I try to reload said patch. Frankly, I could give a bleep about an editor when I have all these knobs to play with EXCEPT without the editor, there is no way to save presets. DAMMIT!!!! I'm now taking pictures of my Minitaur with my iphone inorder to "Preserve" presets. Is this the new Standard?? Maybe someone will answer this post unlike my Slim Phatty posts.
I love moog sound, but there software programing needs serious attention.
I hope that Moog gets is stuff together and fixes the vast amount of issues I am seeing on all the forums because this is a fantastic piece of Hardware. It is such ashame it depends on the very poor software to function fully.

ngrc

Post by ngrc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:18 pm

same here (macbook pro 2010, os x 10.6.8) and with the latest editor/minitaur firmware.
reboot issues and when recalled, the presets on the minitaur itself are often slightly different or completely different.

looking forward to rev2 fixes, hope you can solve the issues soon & keep up the good work.

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am

also the lfo problem is still open and no more coment from moog about this.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 am

For those of you with the LFO problem (the one where it stops running/light turns solid); I'm on that list, btw.

4 quick/simple questions:

1. Do you see the problem while using a) USB, b) DIN Midi or c) both
2. Do you have any gear in your Midi chain sending SysEx as far as you know?
3. Is a DAW or any software running on your attached device (if USB), or are you more or less either directly connected (if DIN) or a somewhat simple USB topology where you have a Midi Keyboard connected to your PC via USB and then Minitaur connected via USB.
4. Finally, if 1a or 1c, are you also running the Minitaur editor when the problem occurs?

Hoping to contribute to the community of owners by helping to troublshoot this. I have a pile of equipment and am very VERY good at experiencing every problem that exists : )

Thanks.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm

thanks for your help. enclose my awnsers

1. Do you see the problem while using a) USB, b) DIN Midi or c) both

both

2. Do you have any gear in your Midi chain sending SysEx as far as you know?

no i have a seperate output of a amt 8 or also on a elektron turbo midi
, that was my first idear. but no sysex or cc othis midi stipe

3. Is a DAW or any software running on your attached device (if USB), or are you more or less either directly connected (if DIN) or a somewhat simple USB topology where you have a Midi Keyboard connected to your PC via USB and then Minitaur connected via USB.

i tryed all ways. just a midi keyboard cme over midi out . with usconection to the mac. and without just in standalone with external power. also i tryed to do it with a jx3p midi out and a little phaaty midi out. i have a dozen other midisynths witch i can test. about

4. Finally, if 1a or 1c, are you also running the Minitaur editor when the problem occurs?

both, with and without.. verry strange

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:55 pm

if it helps i can send my brand new minitaur to the german distributor. if they send me a new one you can have my minitaur to test it.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks for the feedback Citric. Any others?

One other question I neglected to ask: What version of code are you running? I think there were a few unofficial beta releases so it's important to understand exactly which you have applied and to ask if you recall having similar problems on the most previous version.

Any other feedback welcome. I'm committed to assisting in getting this resolved.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:10 pm

i used the actual from the suport link witch i got as i registrated my new minitaur. so i think i don´t have a beta. was there a new version since 2 weeks, should i download a other ? if i can help with any beta test etc. please let me know. i tested now some other midi gear and put a sysex filter between , but no change , so i think it must be a problem in the firmware. do you have a old firmware 1.x.x so tht i can downgrade and then update it again, to have a new and fresh firmware on it? i tryed the rest syxex file from amos. but no chnge.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm told 2.0.0 is the newest release so if you got it from the web site, that's the version.

Certainly you can help, you are helping but it's in troubleshooting this code and posting observations here. Just do your best to carefully document settings of particular patches that may affect LFO, order in which steps are executed, what else may be talking on Midi etc.

I have a few observations but need to confirm a few things w regard to code version and the gear I'm using. Been using a Novation SL25 mk2 but am going to dumb down my setup so there are no surprises (polling for AutoMap etc).

Thanks

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:44 am

what should i say . switchin the MT on . then create a patch from scratch. the LFo is playing the filter Freq.
if i touch the modwheel the LFo Stop working and just reacts if you turn the modwheel up or down.

as a non native english speaker its hard to explain.

till

Post by till » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:03 pm

citric_acid wrote:what should i say . switchin the MT on . then create a patch from scratch. the LFo is playing the filter Freq.
if i touch the modwheel the LFo Stop working and just reacts if you turn the modwheel up or down.
This is the intended behavior. If you use the Minitaur without a Midi keyboard, for example with analog connections, you use the LFO Amount knobs to set the modultation depth. If the Minitaur noticed a midi modwheel CC #1, it assumes, you would like to adjust the modulation depth by using the midi connected modwheel.
as a non native english speaker its hard to explain.
Du kannst mir gerne in Deutsch eine PM schreiben.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:55 pm

thanks ...you have a pm :-)

but this is rubish if its right. there must be a switch for this function in the editor software. i have a lot of analouge vintage an new stuff but this is a stupid function and totaly not usable.never seen this on a synth ..sorry ;-)

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 pm

citric_acid wrote:thanks ...you have a pm :-)

but this is rubish if its right. there must be a switch for this function in the editor software. i have a lot of analouge vintage an new stuff but this is a stupid function and totaly not usable.never seen this on a synth ..sorry ;-)
Direct from the Minitaur owner's manual:

"NOTE: When the Minitaur powers up, the settings on the VCO LFO AMOUNT
and VCF LFO AMOUNT controls have a direct effect on the VCO and VCF. This
behavior continues until the Minitaur receives a MIDI Mod Wheel command,
from which point the Mod Wheel takes master control of the LFO modulation
amount set by the Amount controls."

and:

"MODULATION WHEEL (MOD WHEEL) RESPONSE
MIDI Mod Wheel messages control the maximum amount of modulation
effect set by the VCO LMO AMT and VCF LFO AMT controls (MIDI CC# 1)."

I'm guessing not every Minitaur owner considers that to be "a stupid function and totaly not usable"...
Amazing the things you find when you read the owners manual! :wink:
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

citric_acid

Post by citric_acid » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 am

yes. but any new synthesizer witch comes out in germany has a multilanguage manual. but the usa didn't do that. and you can't say that everry people has to speak and read english like a native. that is the big problem on this wold . all american and english people , and don' t miss understood me i m not a hater, think every one has to read and speak english in the best way. write a german manual and we have no problems.

we have to write every time also an english manual.... just think global and also alow other languages and countrys than yours!

sorry for that clear words but this is real .