Fretless Moog Guitar E1 - anyone dared?

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
rouby44

Fretless Moog Guitar E1 - anyone dared?

Post by rouby44 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:41 am

I can't even begin to imagine the range of expression a Fretless Moog guitar might have, but has anyone dared make theirs fretless yet? Post samples if you have them please!

spacejames

Re: Fretless Moog Guitar E1 - anyone dared?

Post by spacejames » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:30 am

I'd love a fretless, hell, even a double neck, one fretless one normal.
I'm not going to do it, but I'm going to lurk this thread forever and wait till somebody does!

fiaj

Post by fiaj » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm toying with the idea. I have one fretless guitar, just a cheapy Les Paul copy and my bass is fretless. For a while after getting my Vo i felt so trapped by the frets, it's like having 90% of your vocabulary taken away. But, it does make a huge difference to the attack without the frets (unless you can use your nails well enough) and makes fast chord progressions almost impossible if you want to sound accurate, it becomes quite hard to play a lot of chords higher up the neck.
I see these Moog wonders as a whole unique instrument from a guitar and tend to approach it in a totally different way, and since i've understood how it works i've been perfectly satisfied even with the cage on. But it is a nice idea, and maybe i'll give in one day!

ZYKLIFF

Post by ZYKLIFF » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:39 am

A doubleneck would be hot...

Chords on a fretless? Not it's forte. Arpeggios, legato, single note lines, vibrato, soundscapes with a sustainer are strengths. I have a fretless Warmoth guitar with Sustainiac. Great for all that.

ChrisStack

Post by ChrisStack » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 am

Chris Stack
I do interesting things