looped envelopes in Logic

Everything Phatty.
Thisismyname

looped envelopes in Logic

Post by Thisismyname » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 pm

It occured to me this morning, while cycling to work, that I could make my own looped controller envelopes in Logic then run it through the LP via midi. Has anyone tried this? Could be bags of fun!

EMwhite

Re: looped envelopes in Logic

Post by EMwhite » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:27 pm

What do you mean by that? Send external audio through Phatty in and through the filters and modulation and tweak envelopes including gate trigger via Midi? Good idea... Albleton might be better at that (coming from a Logic user).

Let's hear more. (I've done something similar via MultiPedal but via control voltage triggering HASDR [h=hold].
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Thisismyname

Post by Thisismyname » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Nope, what I mean is produce an ADSR envelope for, say, the filter as a CC controller message for, say a bar in logic, then loop it, so you get a looped envelope. I could combine this with a loop of resonance, different ASDR, and run the loops back through the LP. Combine this with an arpeggio, or something, and the LP is suddenly playing rythmic filter/resonanant envelopes. Does that make sense. It's such a simple idea I'm surprised it hasn't occurred to me before. I'm sure the rest of you have been doing it for years. Sorry to be stupid. :D

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:22 pm

How'd it work out?