HOW often do these LP's need debugging?????

Everything Phatty.
Dan Asteroid

HOW often do these LP's need debugging?????

Post by Dan Asteroid » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Looks like I'm the latest victim of the little phatty OS system MELT DOWN. I Just got this LP stage 1 and it wouldn't upload the new firmware, then after some tech support and a couple more attempts I get the dreaded " blank screen ". :twisted:

Sooooooo, how often do these little F#&*'N Phattys shut down like this!!!!!!!! :evil:

If it had the USB port upgrade would I be able to debug the OS via the USB port???? :shock:

JWaltman

Re: HOW often do these LP's need debugging?????

Post by JWaltman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 am

wow.. nice title for a pr0n flick...

Little F*&%ing Phatty's

Great title for a movie about this great little synth :)

magnet

Post by magnet » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:57 am

2 suggestions-
Try starting the LP in Factory mode (search forum). Then, check the buffer settings on your midi device. Sounds like the device is sending too fast, (or too slow, and the LP is 'timing out'.)
Luckily, in my experience, the LP is designed to automatically receive midi. It doesn't have to be enabled. You might also update the drivers for your midi setup.
I use a M-Audio midiport uno running from Win XP. The buffer settings were crucial for me to upgrade. Otherwise, no problems with an original LP Tribute.
Good Luck !!
Voyager PE/ Frostwave Fatcontroller Seq./ Korg Dw-8000/Little Phatty Tribute #188/Korg EX-8000/KP3-Kaoss Pad/ EH Deluxe Memory Man delay effect/Peavy KB-100 amp

magnet

Post by magnet » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:00 am

Factory boot up-

According to my scrawls, hold down : Cursor, enter, and octave down while powering up the LP.
I think this works on all models. My notes state to hold down all buttons until the cycle is complete.
Voyager PE/ Frostwave Fatcontroller Seq./ Korg Dw-8000/Little Phatty Tribute #188/Korg EX-8000/KP3-Kaoss Pad/ EH Deluxe Memory Man delay effect/Peavy KB-100 amp

Dan Asteroid

Post by Dan Asteroid » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:45 am

GREAT news there's hope ..... I'm running down to the studio this morning and trying to reboot.....

Thanks for the tips Magnet ...........

Dan Asteroid

Post by Dan Asteroid » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 am

no luck with a factory boot up, the ONLY fix when your screen goes blank is buying a USB debugger, opening the LP up, plugging directly into the motherboard and reprogramming it yourself from your computer. :twisted:

But if it makes you feel any better, their working on a solution :shock:

Dan Asteroid

Post by Dan Asteroid » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:16 pm

FYI the USB debugger cost me $45 buckaroooooooooooooooooo'sssssssssssssssssssss

magnet

Post by magnet » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Daaaaamn. Well, if it's the fix, it's cheap considering shipping to Moog Music. Best luck !

the reverend

Post by the reverend » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:50 am

Do any of you fine gentlemen of ladies for that matter happen to have a debugger in your possession
and live in the metro detroit area? My little Phatty has gone dumb and I must fix it! Having withdrawls.......

cheers,

the reverend