Humpty dumpty LPT lost his screws and sat sadly on the floor

Everything Phatty.
pushtin_cat

Humpty dumpty LPT lost his screws and sat sadly on the floor

Post by pushtin_cat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:07 am

And the kings horses could not figure out what screws to use so left him there naked on the floor.
Please could some kind fellow phatty owner help me!
I had the metal base of my Tribute re powder coated. Lovely job, but like a fool I misplaced the 5 little grub screws that hold the back curve plate (the signature aluminum plate on the Tribute) and the four similar (but longer) grub screw that fix the mod wheel unit to the base. Could somebody advise me what screws these are exactly as im an idiot and I lost all of the little screws :( (threw them away accidentally in a rush to tidy up for a date!) Also if anybody knows exact spec or where replacements can be found I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Wilson
Last edited by pushtin_cat on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

pushtin_cat

Re: Humpty dumpty Tribute lost his screws

Post by pushtin_cat » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:55 am

Bump...Sorry my dear phatty is still in bits and its making me sad and angry (with myself)
Could some kind person take a look at the screws and let me know what size/type they are.

Id really really appreciate it very much

Thanks!

Wilson

Raaku

Re: Humpty dumpty LPT lost his screws and sat sadly on the f

Post by Raaku » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:27 am

Have you tried contacting Moog Music? They could probably sell you new ones. I've heard that they sell spare parts for the newer products, like the LP, and would be strange if they didn't.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:31 am

As Raaku said, Moog is your best source but if you live in UK, it may be a challenge to get the hardware shipped on a timely basis (end up in customs for 2 months).

Best to just call Tech Support (ask for Ryan) and ask him to walk out on the floor to tell you exactly what type of screws they use then buy them at your local hardware store. They won't be exactly the same size/type but they ought to hold her together until the proper screws arrive.

(how 'bout some pics of the powdercoat?... pls)
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

pushtin_cat

Post by pushtin_cat » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:52 am

Many thanks gents. I have contacted a local uk dealer and hopefully they can help me out.. Otherwise I will get in touch with Ryan.
Powder coat was a remedial fix. I lent my LP to a mate who must have rested her on screws )bottom was very messed up....so screws are the start and the end of my trouble! So the powder coat just recovered its formal splendour with a thicker coat (the factory coat is quite thin)
Thanks again!