It's been 3 or 4 years since Moog released a new synth

Everything Phatty.
EMwhite

Re: It's been 3 or 4 years since Moog released a new synth

Post by EMwhite » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Not a flame by any means, but the Taurus is a heck of a product, built from the ground up and manufactured in the good ole' U.S. of A. (not much is made here anymore). For those outside of the states, a product being made in USA may not be any big deal but for those of us here, there is a certain amount of national pride, and better yet to have THE product be something of such greatness.

Back up just a bit and the MultiPedal and 105M were also released within the 3-4 yr timespan you reference. And I cannot forget the Moog Guitar. All in all, that's a lot of product for a company the size of Moog in today's economy.

Dave Smith HAS indeed pumped out some really cool stuff of late but I think the philosophy is 180 degrees from that of Moog. If I'm not mistaken, the DSI stuff is manufactured in China by the 1000's. Moog stuff is hand made and being a small operation (or at least, keeping more of the operation in-house), they are limited by what they can produce.

New facility on it's way and it appear that they have some big plans so we may be surprised by something coming soon (am with you there and look fwd to it).
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!