Storing custom preset question

Everything Phatty.
Cicatrix

Storing custom preset question

Post by Cicatrix » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:29 pm

I made a custom preset off of one of the presets that comes with the Little Phatty. I renamed it and stored it to a different preset number. I guess this writes over the preset where you store it to. Is there a way to store custom presets to an empty location so you are not getting rid of the factory installed presets?

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Nope. You have to write your presets over top of them. Mine is all custom now, but you can always reset the factory settings and reload all of the factory presets back up.

Also if you can always do sysex dumps and save your presets on your computer if you dont want to lose them. If you have the LP Editor or VST, this is really easy to do.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

Cicatrix

Post by Cicatrix » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Hey thank you very much for you're knowledge on that anoteoftruth, I really appreciate it. I read through the manual and thought I may have overlooked a 'secret bank' where you could store custom stuff at. I guess I will have to look into the LP Editor. I saw in the manual where you can send and recieve the sysex files to archive presets and custom presets.
When you say VST could you possibly shed some light on how that would work? Would I be able to hook the LP up to my Motu Ultralite and use Sonar 7 to do that? Sorry for all the questions I'm just excited with this new LP! I will read up on Sysex dumps.

Thanks again.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Yeah, thats the great thing with the LP VST is that you can use it with your DAW. With just the LP Editor, you can only use it as a standalone program to edit your LP through USB and open/save presets from your computer.

With the VST you can do this to, but you have the added bonus of being able to use it within whatever DAW you are using as a plug in.

So I'm using it in Ableton, it makes it really useful since I can finely edit and record and automation/knob twist or parameter i want to do, to really get some great effects that I might not be able to get without programming in the DAW.

I never used the Motu or Sonar, but I'm sure you can run the VST in sonar. Just a simple USB connection from your comp to your LP, and then a audio cable from the LP to your interface. Voila.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

Cicatrix

Post by Cicatrix » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:03 pm

I downloaded MIDI-OX and backed up all of my presets with that. I found it was really smooth. Now I can start saving wicked custom presets :twisted: I tried to do it in Sonar but I have not been able to get it to work yet. I'll figure it out soon enough. All I'm using it for right now is to back up archives anyway. So I thought I would share my first custom preset on knob tweaks. It's a dark, deep bass sound. It's named '89-rupturebass'.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Cicatrix wrote:I downloaded MIDI-OX and backed up all of my presets with that. I found it was really smooth. Now I can start saving wicked custom presets :twisted: I tried to do it in Sonar but I have not been able to get it to work yet. I'll figure it out soon enough. All I'm using it for right now is to back up archives anyway. So I thought I would share my first custom preset on knob tweaks. It's a dark, deep bass sound. It's named '89-rupturebass'.
My iPhone just rumbled when u added that haha. I'll check it out tomorrow when I'm home :D