full cost of cv upgrade

Everything Phatty.
Mangos

full cost of cv upgrade

Post by Mangos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:38 pm

ok well my phatty should be on its way home to chicago.. so i can give all you curious cats an update of costs

my shipping out from work: double boxed, lots of packaging w/ original box and styrofoam
26 bucks - UPS.. did chicago to ashville in 2 days

upgrade... this gets taxed
200 plus tax

after my upgrade was finished a tech emailed me saying they felt my LHC was loose.. (something todo with the mod/pitch wheel area) .. i said go for it since i had the cash
50 bucks

my total came to 274 on my statement today.. so you can subtract the 50 +tax and add my cost of shipping.

hope this helps someone

cant wait to make this the center of a eurorack modular!!!!!!!!!
french press

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:54 pm

I'd like to see the cost from someone who sent it over the border from Canada. I have a feeling it would be near double this.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

Mangos

Post by Mangos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

yeah i was shocked at my low cost of shipping
french press

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:23 pm

shipping from work = win :)

you get all the discounts that come from a UPS account + regular pickup
NEVER ship from a UPS store if you can help it, they really [censored] you on the shipping costs... esp. if you have them pack it as well... ouch.

I think Eugene at Long & McQuade in Toronto can do this mod for you... he's done a lot of Little Phatty repairs & mods over the years. I know he'll do the Tribute EEPROM upgrade; I'll have to check with Ryan to know if he does CV mods also.

Cheers,

Amos

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 am

Amos wrote:shipping from work = win :)

you get all the discounts that come from a UPS account + regular pickup
NEVER ship from a UPS store if you can help it, they really [censored] you on the shipping costs... esp. if you have them pack it as well... ouch.

I think Eugene at Long & McQuade in Toronto can do this mod for you... he's done a lot of Little Phatty repairs & mods over the years. I know he'll do the Tribute EEPROM upgrade; I'll have to check with Ryan to know if he does CV mods also.

Cheers,

Amos
I usually stay far away from UPS when it comes to international shipping... (their handling fees across the border are outrageous in comparison to other well known shipping companies).

But if L&M in Toronto can do the mod, it might be something I will have to look into!!! I bought my LP SE2 from L&M, and I'm pretty sure they had to ship it in from TO... which is why I was on the edge of my seat for 2 weeks waiting for it haha.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Hey Amos -- please do keep us posted on the Toronto L+M angle. I've pretty much given up on Montreal (unless there's something new to report there), but a drive to Toronto would be possible. Thanks...

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 pm

narrowcaster wrote:Hey Amos -- please do keep us posted on the Toronto L+M angle. I've pretty much given up on Montreal (unless there's something new to report there), but a drive to Toronto would be possible. Thanks...
I pm'd him to see if he had a contact. I would'nt mind shipping to Toronto. Cost would be significantly lower than going across the border. I'll keep you posted if I get a reply.

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Thanks...

TehSlavik

Post by TehSlavik » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 am

Add one more to the mix of fellow Canadians wondering if buddy at L&M being able to do the CV mod. I would love to keep it north of the border for reasons previously mentioned. However, I do have the option of shipping from work, and being able to write the shipping cost off, to my department. ;-)

anoteoftruth

Re: full cost of cv upgrade

Post by anoteoftruth » Tue May 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Yo, Amos... any word back?