Little Phatty Stage I Update Problem! Urgent Help needed!

Everything Phatty.
wawbanks

Little Phatty Stage I Update Problem! Urgent Help needed!

Post by wawbanks » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:25 am

Hey, I'm an OSX user and just tried to update my Little Phatty Stage I. I downloaded the Systex Software and the os 2.2 software (view my screenshot here: http://imgur.com/Ch4JU.png )
and tried to do the update (I was using a simple USB to MIDI adapter from my macbook directly into my LP and on the little phatty I got 'Stage 1 Error, Power Cycle' or something like that and after it completed, nothing happened. So I turned my Phatty on and off and now when it powers up, I get nothing on the display and nothing happens. Please help ASAP!

(and yes, I did send this as an e-mail to Moog Tech support, but I'm posting it here too incase someone can help me sooner.)

Thanks in advance

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:02 am

Are all the latest drivers for said MIDI device on your Mac? Sometimes this will happen if the USB cable is too long, as well. What MIDI device are you using?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

tyrannosaurus mark

Post by tyrannosaurus mark » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:28 am

I just posted a thread about having the exact same problem as you. Here it is! I'll post any response I get from Moog. That error 1 appears to be the LP telling you that it's not receiving the information properly, and that there's a problem with the SysEx file, or the midi interface.

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8206

Can't wait until I can get my hands on a different midi interface and be able to use my LP again!