Help on midi problems with ableton 8 + LP

Everything Phatty.
nos2k

Help on midi problems with ableton 8 + LP

Post by nos2k » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:56 am

Hey guys

so i have a moog little phatty stage II - brand spanking new and all. It has a USB cable for midi - and so far i have managed to setup an external instrument (in ableton 8) and both be able to hear the LP while playing, and im able to record the midi + start playback of that, and it all works. However, - ableton is somehow sending some data back to the LP which reeeally fscks it up. Out of the blue it will change the characteristics of a sound or make it arpegiated, and then suddenly it will fade ( the sound ) and die out. If i try to change the sound on the moog, nothing really happens. it changes - but the sound is the same - if there is any.

I have tried unplugging the USB cable, and this way everything on the moog is perfect, so i know it has to do with some wrong midi data being sent into the LP from ableton.

Oh and i have local CTRL off on he moog!

Can anyone help me remove this problem? - I sincerely hope so, cause ive tried reading all about midi in both manuals, and fiddling around with almost everything i could now, but.. i cant figure it out.

/nosk

lvehon

Post by lvehon » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Maybe ableton is sending out clip automation?