Question about "Restore Factory" function

Everything Phatty.
EMwhite

Question about "Restore Factory" function

Post by EMwhite » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:13 am

If I reset all patches using "Restore Factory", will it restore to 1.0 or restore all patches/settings as of the 2.10T which is currently present.

Assuming the latter is the case, will all of the factory presets have SOME arpeggio setting or will I need to modify the parameter for each patch that I wish to enable arp for?

Having recently rec'd my 2.10T back from Moog, I somehow expected to have a new set of (Stage II-like) patches and having painstakingly backed up all of my original patches, plus the ones I've created, I was prepared to have a large library now.

I suppose for those that don't back up their patches, Moog is doing a great service to restore them after upgrade (I've seen a few posts where this is not the case); I'm after the opposite.

Final question, will Restore Factory, set all of the calibration back to zero? (ie, will need to re-do it again).

Thanks.
Last edited by EMwhite on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave500

Post by dave500 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:30 pm

You should be able to PUSH your Value knob/button in for the ARP to work... a factory restore will restore to your current version only it will not change back.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:01 am

Not all OS 2 patches are programmed with arpeggio. It is relatively easy to add the arpeggiator function to those patches that aren't pre-programmed with the arpeggiator.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:56 pm

I think all of the OS 2.10 factory patches do have arpeggiator programming set-up already. They are the same actual sounds as OS 2.0 but I went in and set up the arps. :)

By all means if you have your patches backed up already, do a Factory Restore -- you'll get all the Stage II presets (with arps, if my memory serves), plus it will not mess with your calibration settings. Calibration is retained through a Factory Restore; only preset and global settings are affected.

Cheers,

Amos

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm

I haven't really played around with OS 2.2 as much as I would have liked. I would imagine 2.1 and 2.2 are the same arp settings, yes? After playing around a bit, I have discovered that all presets do indeed have arp settings now. :shock: Thanks Amos! :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.