LP Flat when 'Pitch' selected as Mod Destination??

Everything Phatty.
-groovatious-

LP Flat when 'Pitch' selected as Mod Destination??

Post by -groovatious- » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Just noticed that if my LP is perfectly in tune and I select PITCH as the Mod Destination, both Oscillators go flat by about 15 cents.

This occurs regardless of LFO Rate, Mod Source or Amount.

To test - go to the Calibration preset, hold down a note and step through the modulation destinations. Filter, Wave and OSC2 are all perfectly in tune, but as soon as Pitch is selected, the LP goes flat.

Does anyone elses unit do this?
Last edited by -groovatious- on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

-groovatious-

Post by -groovatious- » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Has anyone tested their unit? Would be great to know if this is just my unit or not.

Cheers!

narrowcaster

Post by narrowcaster » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:54 pm

I just checked, and mine isn't doing it. There's no audible change at all. However, when I hook the LP up to my Peterson VS-1, it shows that the pitch goes ever so slightly *up* when pitch it selected as the mod destination (this happens to both oscillators). But we're talking a negligible amount -- the Peterson display goes from dead still to an extremely slow crawl, which probably is equivalent to something in the vicinity of 1/100 of a cent.

So -- maybe some tiny pitch deviation is normal, but nothing dramatic like you're describing.

-groovatious-

Post by -groovatious- » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:35 pm

Thanks for the reply narrowcaster.

Looks like my brand new LP Stage II has more issues than just clacking keys then :(

Just spoke to the store who initially said they were going to replace it - now they're telling me I have to send it in for warranty repair - not happy. It's a BRAND NEW instrument and has been 'broken' right out of the box. I hardly think i'm responsible for shipping charges and waiting time while my 'brand new' instrument is fixed.

Will keep you updated.

-groovatious-

Post by -groovatious- » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:20 am

I just uploaded a vid of the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxHvD06PsM0

When I recorded this, the OSC were going flat by about 8 cents.

Surely this is not normal?