Audio Interface

Everything Phatty.
sixsinisters

Audio Interface

Post by sixsinisters » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:22 am

What would you suggest for good inexpensive usb/firewire interface for tracking also with midi I/O, preferably under 300 or maybe way cheaper new/used?

I don't need a fancy one ( but of course I'm open for fancy but inexpensive :) ) , just the decent and reliable without any headache with compatibilities, firmwares issues, etc. I'm running windows.

Thanks guys!
Really, it's not those so-called 'vintage' nor 'analogs' but to have a good heart and good instict is the key..

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:41 pm

m-audio fasttrack pro? the only downfall I have with mine is it only has a few inputs.. 2 XLR/1/4 inch hybrid jacks and I think a TRS in the back. But has midi in's outs and pre-amp.. USB to computer.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

audioman

Post by audioman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:31 pm

TC Electronic Konnekt 8 costs less than $300 ($265 in some) and it's by far the best interface you can get for that money. What sets it apart the most is its exceptionally high quality A/D D/A conversion. Identical to the 24D. Personally, I'd pay just a little more and get the Konnekt 24D, or get a used one from ebay for less than $300.

sixsinisters

Post by sixsinisters » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:15 pm

audioman wrote:TC Electronic Konnekt 8 costs less than $300 ($265 in some) and it's by far the best interface you can get for that money. What sets it apart the most is its exceptionally high quality A/D D/A conversion. Identical to the 24D. Personally, I'd pay just a little more and get the Konnekt 24D, or get a used one from ebay for less than $300.
Actually I admire the look and capabilities of the konnekt, but I've heard that so many ppl said the 24 is problematic, forgot what was the prob though, and they prefer the konnekt 5 (? Not sure) instead.

Alright I'm lowering the budget to be under 150 just to see how does the price could match the quality in that range.
Really, it's not those so-called 'vintage' nor 'analogs' but to have a good heart and good instict is the key..

Fogflip

Post by Fogflip » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Get a motu ultralite mk1 or mk3 I know its a little out of your price range but you could get a refurb or second one hand pretty close to your budget. I absolutely love my mk3 its tiny runs of firewire and has plenty of ins and outs as well as midi in/out. I have been using it for around a year and have not had a single problem ever with it. Also as your rig grows and you need more than what it has you can daisy chain a second!