Anyone using Freqbox as 3rd OSC on their LP?

Everything Phatty.
anoteoftruth

Anyone using Freqbox as 3rd OSC on their LP?

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying a Freqbox to add a 3rd OSC to my new LP.. Are any of you guys doing this now? How is it working for you? I really like some of the sounds I heard on youtube, but there's actually not a lot out there.. I'd like to really hear more of it if anyone has some samples?
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

lexsadler

Post by lexsadler » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:01 pm

I've tried using mine as a 4th VCO for my Voyager... it's kinda cool but it's tuning is nowhere near as accurate as the VCOs in the voyager itself
[url=http://www.myspace.com/lexsadler]Visit me on Myspace[/url]

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Yeah, I kind of expect that too.. I'm aware its kind of a budget way of getting 3 VCO's but I still think it might be worth it nonetheless.. If I had a voyager I would'nt even be thinking about this :D
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:29 pm

I bought it specifically to use as a 3rd osc, actually! :)

It sounds fat, and isn't temperature controlled like the LP and Voyager, so it wobbles more. Tracks really well for 4-5 octaves, which is really all you need imo, but it's easy enough to tweak around too.

The only trick is that you will need a way to attenuate the Osc Out signal as it's a bit hot for the LP audio input, which has no way to turn it down. W/O a mixer, it overpowers the LP oscs pretty drastically.
www.ctrlshft.com

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:33 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:The only trick is that you will need a way to attenuate the Osc Out signal as it's a bit hot for the LP audio input, which has no way to turn it down. W/O a mixer, it overpowers the LP oscs pretty drastically.
Thanks for that! I didnt think about that yet.. definately nice to know, as I'm in the process of looking for a mixer as well :D

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:53 pm

You might be interested in "The Ultimate Moogerfooger" discussion on the Moogerfooger forum.

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:03 pm

The Analog Organist wrote:You might be interested in "The Ultimate Moogerfooger" discussion on the Moogerfooger forum.
you got a link? could'nt find that.

andreagps

Post by andreagps » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am

Yes me, or at least it is for this that I have bought 107, always in Sync...
Little Phatty Stage I 2.1OS-MF-107 FreqBox-20" ribbon controller-LP Gigbag-Clavia Nord Wave-Access Virus TI Snow-Roland SH-201-Korg MicroX-Yamaha P70-Alesis MicroVerb4-Behringer XENYX 1002B

andreagps

Post by andreagps » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:20 am

Little Phatty Stage I 2.1OS-MF-107 FreqBox-20" ribbon controller-LP Gigbag-Clavia Nord Wave-Access Virus TI Snow-Roland SH-201-Korg MicroX-Yamaha P70-Alesis MicroVerb4-Behringer XENYX 1002B

The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:54 am

Link to "The Ultimate Moogerfooger"

http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7019

gazer

Post by gazer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:51 pm

I would if I had a pitch cv out