Durbility of Little Phatty

Everything Phatty.
The Analog Organist

Post by The Analog Organist » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Those of you who have traveled with the Little Phatty - how does it hold up on the road? Is it a sturdy instrument, or one that develops problems when being moved about? If it broke down, did you have a proper case for it?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:47 am

Mine survived UPS in a road case, if that means anything. The two front panel screws were missing when it came back, and even then it came back without a scratch. UPS shipped both to and from North Carolina from northeast Illinois. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

RAH

Post by RAH » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:14 am

I had a flight case with wheels built for mine about 4 years ago, and it's so far protected my LP very well. I have not flown with it, but it has seen it's share of in and out of vans, up and down of stairs, and dragging over curbs and festival grounds, etc.... I have been concerned about jostling it over uneven terrain, but after 4 years of this, so far so good.

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:28 am

I use a soft case only for transporting around town and have yet to have a problem. The LP in and of itself is very well made. It's heavy and solid.
Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition + LP Stage II + Sub37 + Model D reissue + CP-251 + VX-351

patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:44 am

i use the moog gig bag to transport my LP to every gig... so far no problems at all with it. Once i flew with it but the LP was with me all the time... i think this intrument is great and hope to enjoy it for many more years :twisted:
..::PATOBRUJO::..

Mumpbeak

Post by Mumpbeak » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:52 am

I've had my Phatty on road trip tours lasting weeks, on planes, boats, trains,
using the soft bag like a backpack-it's been great!I have to say that when you're out on the road most gear is getting a pretty rough time compared to sitting at home or in a studio and I was a little concerned with taking an analog synth along after hearing so much on other forums about unreliability of older synths.But after the autotune fix I havn't noticed a thing.I just set it up switch it on and we're ready to ..er..jazz-rock/Prog-jazz..whatever!

http://profile.myspace.com/roypowellpeakexperiencetrio