MIDI bug report

Everything Phatty.
boomtchik

Post by boomtchik » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:14 am

Hardware Rules ! I do not use my pc anymore - only hardware
Electribe to Moog Voyager to Little Phatty (midi thru)
Problem: with the 2.1T everytime I stop my sequencer (electribe) the little phatty does not respond and produce a continuous sound, moog voyager is ok. Can anyone help ?

morboturbo

Post by morboturbo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:16 pm

I use a Yamaha SY99 as a master seq and slave the LP connected to a MIDI THRU box. I never had this type of problem; does the Electribe send MIDI clock commands when its stopped?

notteincubo

Post by notteincubo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:19 am

morboturbo wrote:Hi,
Here I come again with new intriguing findings about the related MIDI bug.
After countless repatching and rebooting of my setup I´ve find that the cause of the problem is a combination of the incoming MIDI clock commands and the LPSEII boot up routine.
As I explained before my hardware master sequencer sends MIDI clock commands even when it´s stopped, so if I switch on the LPSEII when these commands are present, the MIDI IN of the LPSEII gets completely locked (it won´t recognize note and controllers commands), and a reboot of the LPSEII in these conditions is abosolutely useless.
Its only when I used a computer sequencer as a master when I realized where the problem was. Software programs that I know only send MIDI clock commands when the song is running, so in a normal situation when I switch on the LPSEII the software sequencer is stopped, and in these conditions the LPSEII will respond to all MIDI commands correctly after boot up.
So the solution is as simple as reversing the order of switching my equipment, that is, first the LPSEII and then the hardware master sequencer.
Finally and after some headache this serious MIDI bug has been transformed in a minor one and I´ll be able to enjoy this little fantastic machine in its entirity.
I hope these explanations will serve to anyone whose LPSEII doesn´t respond to MIDI.
Thanks gtivr6fan for your comments.
Thank you so much!!! I was worried about my LP for the same problem. I use a Roland Mc-50 and sometime the Little Phatty don't play nothing. I can record but he don't play with the sequencer, anyway no problem with the midi in if a try to control the arpeggiator or the LFO with midi.
Yesterday the problem is come back, i read your post and i try: if i switch the Little Phatty and after the sequencer everything is alright :D .