How fat can the LP sound?

Everything Phatty.
gtivr6fan

Post by gtivr6fan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:28 pm

+1 Lamsbread
Boxes full o' wires, n stuff n stuff...

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 pm

Cool! I made the Lambsbread patch inspired by classic Dub sounds... to give the deepest, warmest low end possible. I'm glad you like it!

Previously the fattest bass sound I had made was on the LP Stage 1... Binshaker (named for the Twilight Circus Dub Sound System album, "Binshaker Dub") -- but that one was so low it almost disappeared into the earth on the lower notes. Lambsbread manages to stay punchier with more midrange presence on the lowest notes, so you can still hear it without needing an 18" subwoofer. Binshaker is more felt than heard sometimes, I think.

You know what's really fun? Dialing up a bass patch like Lambsbread and playing it using the Etherwave Plus! Theremin-controlled sub bass is amazing... live dubstep wobbles just by waving your hands in the air. :D

fidooda

Post by fidooda » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 pm

funny you're mentionning binshaker as i was trying to reproduce it yesterday (as an exercise). i love that one...gotta check lambsbread

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:43 pm

fidooda wrote:funny you're mentionning binshaker as i was trying to reproduce it yesterday (as an exercise). i love that one...gotta check lambsbread
Lambsbread makes Binshaker sound like a DSI factory patch when put through a hi-fi subwoofer. :twisted:

Binshaker, on that same subwoofer, can actually be heard on the lowest notes, but it has different harmonics than Lambsbread. I'll have to bring those two patches together in my next YouTube video.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

fidooda

Post by fidooda » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 pm

i loaded the 2.0 patch set for the first time. i have to admit how pleasantly surprised how many great sounding bass type patches are in there.

great work Amos! i should have loaded those patches a long time ago. They will provide tons of inspiration for patching and playing.

Fogflip

Post by Fogflip » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:28 am

+1 for lamsbread and some compression just make sure your neighbors are not home. was playing with sub basses earlier today oh what fun they are.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:32 am

Fogflip wrote:+1 for lamsbread and some compression just make sure your neighbors are not home. was playing with sub basses earlier today oh what fun they are.
Be sure to try out Foundation, as well. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.