how long does it take to get your LP back from the factory?

Everything Phatty.
jlugomiller

how long does it take to get your LP back from the factory?

Post by jlugomiller » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:10 pm

i was just wondering based on your personal experience. How long does it usually take to get your LP back from the factory when you've sent it in to get repaired?
Little Phatty Stage II #4585, Ensoniq ESQ1, Korg Poly 800, Yamaha SY22, Yamaha VSS30, Akai S20, Akai MPC2000.

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:24 pm

I've never sent in my LP, but I did have to send my CP-251 for warranty repair. It took right around a month.
I don't know if you can predict, because it probably depends on what the problem is and how busy they are.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

Voltor07

Re: how long does it take to get your LP back from the facto

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:12 pm

jlugomiller wrote:i was just wondering based on your personal experience. How long does it usually take to get your LP back from the factory when you've sent it in to get repaired?
It took about two weeks for me to get my LP back. Longest two weeks of my life, but it went in for more than repair. I think it depends on what's wrong with the unit, and how much the repair department has to work on. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

jlugomiller

Post by jlugomiller » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:53 pm

thanks y'all. i had a complete OS crash. did some research. learned how to enter factory test mode but i still can't scroll to the menu that allows me to install a new OS firmware upgrade......bummer. these last two days have been just plain depressing without my LP. i have a tour to go on in about three weeks where i'll be playing the LP every night.....major bummer.
Little Phatty Stage II #4585, Ensoniq ESQ1, Korg Poly 800, Yamaha SY22, Yamaha VSS30, Akai S20, Akai MPC2000.

gtivr6fan

Post by gtivr6fan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:18 pm

jlugomiller wrote:thanks y'all. i had a complete OS crash. did some research. learned how to enter factory test mode but i still can't scroll to the menu that allows me to install a new OS firmware upgrade......bummer. these last two days have been just plain depressing without my LP. i have a tour to go on in about three weeks where i'll be playing the LP every night.....major bummer.
How did you do that, the crash that is? Maybe some more info might help others not repeat the same!
Boxes full o' wires, n stuff n stuff...

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm

week and a half for my LP TE to get a few new LEDs and a wood side panel replacement.
www.ctrlshft.com

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:39 pm

jlugomiller wrote:thanks y'all. i had a complete OS crash. did some research. learned how to enter factory test mode but i still can't scroll to the menu that allows me to install a new OS firmware upgrade......bummer. these last two days have been just plain depressing without my LP. i have a tour to go on in about three weeks where i'll be playing the LP every night.....major bummer.
Hey, if you are in Hidden Mode (hold in the CURSOR, ENTER, and OCTAVE DOWN buttons on power-up), then you don't need to scroll to any menus. You just send the new firmware sysEx file from your computer using a very reliable and properly configured MIDI interface, and the LP will automatically accept the new firmware while it's booted to this mode.

Hope this helps!

-Amos

jlugomiller

Post by jlugomiller » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:21 pm

yep. that's exactly what i did, after i got a prompt response back from tech support, and it worked like a charm.
i encountered the crash while sequencing the LP with my Akai MPC2000 classic. i know this must have caused a nasty MIDI feedback loop because the LP kept freezing notes until it ultimately crashed.
now, to avoid this situation, i select "off" in the MIDI channel in and out menu to whatever channel i'm not using at the moment. so, if i'm playing the keys in the LP and sending MIDI out to the MPC, i turn off the MIDI channel "in", and vise versa.
this is an extreme safegaurd though. i'm sure the LP can handle sending and receiving MIDI messages simultaneously, but i don't want to take any chances, since my LP hasn't run into any kind of problems working this way since the crash and recovery.