LP arpeggiator and midi problems

Everything Phatty.
Jezee Fox

LP arpeggiator and midi problems

Post by Jezee Fox » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:58 pm

I am having problems using the LP (Stage One, new OS 2.1) in my studio setup. I am unable to play the LP with the arp on from my master controller keyboard. No problem playing from the LP's keyboards, but when I play from another midi controller, the arp pattern plays through once, then just repeats the last note of the pattern over and over (when set to loop, back and forth or order). When latch is enabled the same thing occurs except that an awful high pitched glitchy noise rings out after you take your fingers off the keys. This lasts until latch is turned off. This sucks, as I can only record sequences from the LP's keyboard itself. I have never ran into this problem with any other piece of gear. I use Logic 8 on a Mac. When plugging a controller keyboard directly into the midi in of the LP the arp only works if the LP is set to local on...weird. Can anyone help please, I am pulling my hair out trying to get to the bottom of this.

Jezee Fox

Post by Jezee Fox » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 pm

After talking to Amos, and having him looking into the arpeggiator/midi issues, we have figured out what the culprit was in my midi/arp issue. Basically, if you want to control the LP from another controller with the LP's arp enabled, local control must be set to 'ON' on the LP. As well, midi out must be disabled on the LP (or filter out midi notes coming from the LP within your DAW) or else midi feedback issues arise with the arpeggiator.

Thanks Amos!