Editor Librarian...

Everything Phatty.
r05c03

Editor Librarian...

Post by r05c03 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:57 am

Worth it? For those of you that who have it, has it increased the awesomeness of the LP just that little bit?
MF-102, MF-107, MF-m105, CP-251, MP-201, Elektron Octatrack, Filter Factory...

Jezee Fox

Post by Jezee Fox » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:50 pm

I am having serious issues with the editor and would like a refund. I already spoke to Soundtower about it, they said to talk directly to Moog. I spent 80$ Canadian for the editor so I would be able to control the arp from the computer and not through the LP's interface. But, when playing the LP with the arp enabled from my master keyboard controller, the pattern plays through once and the just plays the last note of the pattern over and over instead of the whole pattern. As well, if changing the octave to anythinf different than zero, the arp runs through the ENTIRE range!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!! Also, when changing settings on the arp, sometimes it freexes the LP, FATAL ERROR keeps showing up on the LP lcd, and it needs to be restarted. $80.00 to send fatal errors, real cool guys. I am not impresed.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:16 pm

As for me, I knew about the failure rate of Soundtower's Librarian, so I did not shell out any money for it. Even doing the 2.1 update was a real pain in the arse using the free version of it. However, I experienced no software glitches within 2.1 itself, and to me the added feature of improved autotune made it well worth the effort. Of course, I don't use software with my LP, so I can't comment on Jezee Fox's experience. I do hope he gets things sorted out. :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

r05c03

Post by r05c03 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:41 am

Hmmm, hardly ringing endorsements. Thanks.
MF-102, MF-107, MF-m105, CP-251, MP-201, Elektron Octatrack, Filter Factory...

lovedroid

Post by lovedroid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:21 am

I'm not an editor guy myself, and as that I have never tried any of these firsthand.
But I remember that there were heavy debate and many complaints on Soundtower's editor software for the DSI Evolver a few years ago. Plenty of bugs and Soundtower seemed to be rather non-responsive to the complaints... But things might have been much improved since then...?
I am, however, still a bit surprised that both Moog and DSI employ Soundtower to make the "official" editor software for their synthesizers. Aren't there any other company that makes such applications?
New Modern Angels
Electropop! - LPTE, MEK, uQ, SQ80, P6...
myspace - twitter - facebook

Jezee Fox

Post by Jezee Fox » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:33 pm

After talking to Amos, and having him looking into the arpeggiator/editor issues, we have figured out what the culprit was in my midi/arp issue. Basically, if you want to control the LP from another controller with the LP's arp enabled, local control must be set to 'ON' on the LP. As well, midi out must be disabled on the LP (or filter out midi notes coming from the LP within your DAW) or else midi feedback issues arise with the arpeggiator. This was my problem with the editor, but now it seems to be working 'almost great"... still a couple small bugs to work out. I am liking the editor now, as I can control and tweak the LP remotely from in front of the computer.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:12 am

Jezee Fox wrote:After talking to Amos, and having him looking into the arpeggiator/editor issues, we have figured out what the culprit was in my midi/arp issue. Basically, if you want to control the LP from another controller with the LP's arp enabled, local control must be set to 'ON' on the LP. As well, midi out must be disabled on the LP (or filter out midi notes coming from the LP within your DAW) or else midi feedback issues arise with the arpeggiator. This was my problem with the editor, but now it seems to be working 'almost great"... still a couple small bugs to work out. I am liking the editor now, as I can control and tweak the LP remotely from in front of the computer.
Cool! Thanks for sharing your story with us! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.