Midi Lil Phatty ?

Everything Phatty.
ChicagoHouseDj

Midi Lil Phatty ?

Post by ChicagoHouseDj » Thu May 28, 2009 5:57 am

Hello moog users forgive me if this is a dumb ? But i want 2 know if i can use the little phatty as a midi device and for midi playback of the LP sounds ?
Using 3rd party software etc ,
More or less the same thing as my VST's !

I have gotten the the moog to record midi notes but i am not sure how to playback the sound though the LP.

Is this possible ?

Like i said i did get the moog to record midi notes on my 3rd party recording software but then was wondering how the heck to get the software to playback through the LP

thank you for your time and forgive me if this is a dumb question
Michael

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 am

not a dumb question. MIDI is not audio. The software will tell the LP which notes to play (the ones you previously recorded) and the LP will play it back. You hear the audio directly from the LP, just as you do when you play it live. Other VSTs, audio tracks, etc, do not "play through" the LP... other than using the Audio In jack, but that's a different topic.

This is not specific to the LP; any keyboard connected via MIDI, and being controlled by MIDI messages from a software sequencer works in this manner. Run some small experiments, and you'll get the idea in a hurry.

best, jgirv

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Thu May 28, 2009 8:03 am

...one more thing... to get the software to play back the MIDI track and send the notes to the LP, you'll have to find out which MIDI port the LP is connected to. Most software will allow you to rename these ports to friendlier names, but typically, they'll be listed as USB Audio Device, USB Audio Device (1), USB Audio Device [1], or other such tag.

Assign the MIDI track you recorded to the proper MIDI output till you find the one the LP is connected to. It's not always obvious.

ChicagoHouseDj

Post by ChicagoHouseDj » Thu May 28, 2009 11:49 am

Thank You Very Much ! :D