anybody using a midi controller to edit LP patches?

Everything Phatty.
nikola

Re: anybody using a midi controller to edit LP patches?

Post by nikola » Mon May 04, 2009 12:45 pm

dada wrote: as title really
....all the LP parameters in real-time?
and what parameters precisely you want to control? since you already have a knob/button pro function, and the menu parameters are not exactly useful playing real-time.. at list not for me.

nikola

Post by nikola » Mon May 04, 2009 1:27 pm

aha, i get it. well i don't use any midi control for my LP, but i use midi-ox to save the patches i made, and, yes, it is SysEx.

nikola

Post by nikola » Mon May 04, 2009 1:34 pm

ah, i forgot, the LP controls are RAC (real analog control). so i ques some of the owners are actually avoiding midi. voyager has digital control.
as for me, i'm very happy to have this great little instrument and i don't miss any extra control :)

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Tue May 05, 2009 8:15 am

From what I understand, most front panel controlls can be controlled through midi. I think all the controlls that send midi can also be controlled by midi. The user manual lists all the midi CC messages sent by the LP and their range on p. 44-45. In OS 2.0 the mod wheel and filter cutoff also are able to transmitt 14-bit midi and aolso recieves 14-bit. This is in the 2.0 users manual addendum on p.3

Controlling some parameter through a midi controller will cause you to lose Moog's proprietary RAC (real analog control). In the Stage Edition,
RAC provides responsive analog control for the Osc 1 & 2, Filter Cutoff, Filter Resonance, EG Amount, Overload and Filter EG Sustain parameters. I think the tribute has more parameters that get the RAC treatment, but I do not know which.

I am going with a midi foot controller to augment the controll surface offered from the LP. I want to be able to change mod sources or destrinations without paging through all 6, change presets, or if I want to change 2 parameters in one section at the same time.

nikola

Post by nikola » Tue May 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Sir Nose wrote: I am going with a midi foot controller to augment the controll surface offered from the LP. I want to be able to change mod sources or destrinations without paging through all 6, change presets, or if I want to change 2 parameters in one section at the same time.

that is interestnig!