Still need a sequencer

Everything Phatty.
acorkos

Post by acorkos » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:47 pm

1V/oct is positive only. 5 octave range. If you want wide range, you program starting in range C3 (it goes from C1 to C6 and everything in between) and set your steps from there, giving you a couple of octaves in either direction. I believe C1 is -zero- volts.

If you're running steps programed down in the C1 range and hit a key on your controller (LP, Voyager or external midi keyboard) that takes you below -zero-, the sound gets bumped up to the C5-6 range....apparantly the voltage, when triggered into the below -zero- range, gets bumped up to the highest octave.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:48 pm

acorkos wrote:1V/oct is positive only. 5 octave range. If you want wide range, you program starting in range C3 (it goes from C1 to C6 and everything in between) and set your steps from there, giving you a couple of octaves in either direction. I believe C1 is -zero- volts.

If you're running steps programed down in the C1 range and hit a key on your controller (LP, Voyager or external midi keyboard) that takes you below -zero-, the sound gets bumped up to the C5-6 range....apparantly the voltage, when triggered into the below -zero- range, gets bumped up to the highest octave.
Good info, thanks. All things considered I've never really had an issue w/ this before w/ my mobius which has the same limitation, you are able to get rediculously low if you want.
www.ctrlshft.com

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:50 pm

A bit confused... how can you play lower ranges when some units don't support -5 to 0v?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

acorkos

Post by acorkos » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 pm

DeFrag wrote:A bit confused... how can you play lower ranges when some units don't support -5 to 0v?
program the sequencer using its lowest range, and use your keyboard's lowest octave switch setting...that will be as low as you can go. which will probably be low enough.

Najati

Post by Najati » Thu May 14, 2009 8:32 am

and do let us know with what you decide on and how you like it :-)