Mod wheel question

Everything Phatty.
JeffR

Mod wheel question

Post by JeffR » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:21 pm

What material is the outer rings of the mod and pitch wheels on the Stage II? Is it rubber-ish, as it looks, or is it just plastic? I can’t tell from the images.

Thanks, Jeff

timmy

Post by timmy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:28 pm

plastic to my touch - soft plastic or hard rubber??? maybe it's plubber?

might be worth a trip to guitarcenter to feel for yourself. has anyone swapped them out for the colored wheels that synthwood provides? i definitely want to do this to my prophet 08 (not signature edition).
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:48 pm

timmy wrote:plastic to my touch - soft plastic or hard rubber??? maybe it's plubber?

has anyone swapped them out for the colored wheels that synthwood provides? i definitely want to do this to my prophet 08 (not signature edition).
The whole housing would need to be switched out in order to change out the wheels. I'm not too sure how they got the wheels in there in the first place, they're so snug in the housing. The grey part of the wheels feels like the same material that the Stage sides are made of.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

JeffR

Post by JeffR » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 pm

<<<The grey part of the wheels feels like the same material that the Stage sides are made of.>>>

That's what I wondered, and I thought I read somewhere that the end panels were a rubber material.

jgirv

Post by jgirv » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:30 pm

...well, rubberized they say... I really like it, by the way... and the pitch and mod wheels are the best in the business, IMO... the side panels give you a nice grip when you're using the left-hand wheels, and when the gig is over, helps you not to DROP THE LP!! I'm sure I would like the wood sides, but certainly the rubberized ones are great.

JeffR

Post by JeffR » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 pm

Cool, thanks

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:11 pm

jgirv wrote:...well, rubberized they say... I really like it, by the way... and the pitch and mod wheels are the best in the business, IMO... the side panels give you a nice grip when you're using the left-hand wheels, and when the gig is over, helps you not to DROP THE LP!! I'm sure I would like the wood sides, but certainly the rubberized ones are great.
I'd love wood sides. I have an odd technique when using the wheels, so wood sides wouldn't really affect my playing style. The rubberized wheels have excellent grip, though. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.