LP Programmer's Challenge

Everything Phatty.
GregAE

LP Programmer's Challenge

Post by GregAE » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:44 am

Have you created an incredible Little Phatty Lead patch? Crafted an awesome Bass sound? Programmed an outrageous FX patch? We’d like to hear it! Announcing the Little Phatty Programmer’s Challenge, a contest to identify the best-of-the-best LP Lead, Bass and FX patches from KnobTweak members.

Contest summary:

From now until April 17th, LP users are invited to submit their best Lead, Bass and/or FX patches by uploading them to the Programmer’s Challenge folder on KnobTweak (there are separate folders for each category). From April 18th – 23rd, KnobTweak members will be able to download, audition and vote for their favorite patches (a poll will be set up on KnobTweak for voting). Then, on April 24th, the winners will be announced. Of course, since all of the patches are available online, everybody wins! For complete details and rules on the Programmer’s Challenge, look in the “Programmer's Challenge” folder on KnobTweak (Files>Little Phatty>LP Programmer's Challenge).

Become famous! Show off your programming chops and see how your sonic skills stack up against other LP owners! The contest is going on right now – go to KnobTweak to check out the details and sample of few of the entries already posted, and then get to work crafting your own submissions.

Ready, set... start tweaking!

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/KnobTweak/

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:21 pm

I've got my entries in! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Modularfan

Post by Modularfan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:32 pm

I just added two of mine! :D

- MF

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Modularfan wrote:I just added two of mine! :D

- MF
When I click on them, it says the requested file is unaccessible. :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:34 pm

the tribute owners have only one mudulation destination....

you *must* make 2 categories
one LP stage + one LP tribute

Assar

Post by Assar » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Isn't it also *a must* to have different categories for different OS versions?
A TE patch made in OS2.01 can't be used in OS1.04, can it?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Assar wrote:Isn't it also *a must* to have different categories for different OS versions?
A TE patch made in OS2.01 can't be used in OS1.04, can it?
Good point. I hadn't thought of that. An OS 2.00S patch can't be used with a Stage running 1.0x, either. :shock:

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:41 pm

all older patches can be run on newer OSes, I think... (?)
I've never tried sending a new patch to an old OS to see what it did.
I should try that. :/

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:34 pm

Amos wrote:all older patches can be run on newer OSes, I think... (?)
I've never tried sending a new patch to an old OS to see what it did.
I should try that. :/
The first statement is true. The OS 2.00 patches have arpeggiator settings, as well as other info not available with older OS's. As I don't have a second LP with an older OS, I can't try it myself. My guess is you'll end up with a load of garbage for a patch. :?

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:04 am

Fellow Moogers –

I’ve been away for a few days, so I’m just getting up to speed on this thread.

I don’t think this is that big of an issue, but until I get things sorted out, let’s try this: if your submission patch was made on a Tribute Edition, please make a note of it in the description, i.e. “This is a TE patch made up of…”. That way, all TE patches can be tracked.

I believe that any TE patch will play properly on a Stage or Stage II Edition, and I suspect (but will need a few days to confirm) that Stage Edition patches will play on a TE (minus the extra modulation path, of course).

To Voltor, Modularfan & Khoral: if the patches you submitted were done on a TE, please edit the description field to add a “TE” note. If the patches were done on a Stage or Stage II Edition, no changes are needed.

- Greg

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:12 pm

All right, I'll edit that tonight
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson