MIDI control of the LP

Everything Phatty.
r05c03

MIDI control of the LP

Post by r05c03 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:52 am

I have scoured the manuals, hoping to find a way to change preset and turn on/off the arpeggiator via MIDI. Is there no way to do this?

Thanks.
MF-102, MF-107, MF-m105, CP-251, MP-201, Elektron Octatrack, Filter Factory...

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:38 pm

I don't think so. I vaguely remember this feature being brought up for an update, but that was a long time ago. Maybe it will be available with a future upgrade? :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

esmilez

Post by esmilez » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:30 am

thatwould be helpful in my situation... :cry:

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:19 pm

This will be implemented in the next firmware update!

actually you can change preset now, using a MIDI program change command. It's pretty standard stuff.

Midi CC#90 will be arpeggiator run/stop.

All the arpeggiator parameters (and the other Advanced Preset options) will get Midi CC control soon...

-Amos

cfhostile

Post by cfhostile » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:00 am

Amos wrote:This will be implemented in the next firmware update!

actually you can change preset now, using a MIDI program change command. It's pretty standard stuff.

All the arpeggiator parameters (and the other Advanced Preset options) will get Midi CC control soon...

-Amos
Hey Amos,

How soon are we talking here for the next LP firmware update? Just curious. I wanna be able to turn the arp on/off with my MP-201! I'm going on tour soon and this would be huge :wink: !

waide
myspace.com/goodluckatthegunfight

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:01 am

cfhostile wrote:
Amos wrote:This will be implemented in the next firmware update!

-Amos
Hey Amos,

How soon are we talking here for the next LP firmware update? Just curious. I wanna be able to turn the arp on/off with my MP-201! I'm going on tour soon and this would be huge :wink: !

waide
myspace.com/goodluckatthegunfight
Have you upgraded to the latest LP OS?

Here are the new features:
New MIDI controls – the Arpeggiator now sends and receives new MIDI CC messages
as follows: CC 90 = Arpeggiator Run/Stop; CC 91 = Latch On/Off. The Arpeggiator
internal tempo can now be set by MIDI, using a pair of messages on CC 4 and CC 36.
- CC 4 sets the Arpeggiator tempo in increments of 3 whole BPM, from 21 to 318 BPM.
- CC 36 increases the current tempo by increments of 0.1 BPM, from +0 to +12.7 BPM.
The actual Arpeggiator tempo is calculated as [CC4 value x 3] + [CC36 value x 0.1].
The LP sends CC4 and CC36 whenever the user changes the Arp rate from the panel.
● Improved Tempo accuracy for Arpeggiator Internal Clock and MIDI Sync.
● Tap Tempo now averages over multiple taps, making it easier to match a live tempo.
● Improved Auto Tune mode, enhances accuracy of background tuning.
● Updates to Arpeggiator user interface:
- If the Arp clock source = Internal, user can adjust tempo in 0.1 BPM increments using
the Value knob. Cursor automatically moves to BPM field when Arpeggiator is running.
- User can save a preset to memory while the Arp is running; just press CURSOR
button to move cursor into Preset Name field, then press Enter.
- If Arpeggiator Clock Source = MIDI or LFO, this is displayed on the LCD screen.
When Arp Clock Source = MIDI, a MIDI clock must be present for the Arpeggiator to
run. If no MIDI clock is detected, this is displayed on the LCD screen.
● New preset format, allows “Patch Category” to be assigned using the Little Phatty
Editor Librarian software.