moog modular reedition??

Everything Phatty.
christophe1966

moog modular reedition??

Post by christophe1966 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:42 am

what about a moog modular reedition, smaller and cheaper than the big but with same concept of the LP II, screen, memories,usb.
who's interested?
:D :idea:
Last edited by christophe1966 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 am

And this is in the LP section because why? :wink: It doesn't make much sense to re-enter the modular market because it's saturated with Moog clones. Synthesizers.com and Modusonics come to mind. In fact, if you want an idea of what a NEW Moog modular would cost, go to Modusonics website and check out the price lists there. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

christophe1966

Post by christophe1966 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Voltor07 wrote:And this is in the LP section because why? :wink: It doesn't make much sense to re-enter the modular market because it's saturated with Moog clones. Synthesizers.com and Modusonics come to mind. In fact, if you want an idea of what a NEW Moog modular would cost, go to Modusonics website and check out the price lists there. :wink:
i don't speak about cost and clones are not moog!!
when ou are interested by moog products you musn't be stopped by the price.
it's just an idea, i know there are a lot of modulars but this is not my question.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:48 pm

You say you don't mention cost...yet in your original post you clearly state "smaller and cheaper". A modular with patch storage? Is that what you're asking for? Buchla makes one. A basic system is about ten grand, WITHOUT patch storage. BTW, Modusonics uses actual Moog components bought from Bob's original company as leftover stock. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

christophe1966

Post by christophe1966 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Voltor07 wrote:You say you don't mention cost...yet in your original post you clearly state "smaller and cheaper". A modular with patch storage? Is that what you're asking for? Buchla makes one. A basic system is about ten grand, WITHOUT patch storage. BTW, Modusonics uses actual Moog components bought from Bob's original company as leftover stock. :wink:
when i say cheaper it's just to be buy by a maximum of musicians.
you analyse each word of my text!!!! incredible! :roll:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Ah...thanks for the clarification! :oops: I think a full-out modular would not be the right way for Moog to go, but if they made mini modules and put them in a Little Phatty styled housing with the keyboard, that might be pretty cool. The prices for the modules could be set at MoogerFooger prices, and they could offer different sized housings. For example, a two oscillator model with 37 keys, a three oscillator model with 44 keys, a five oscillator model with two filters and 61 keys, etc. Come to think of it, a 71 key three voice polyphonic modular built in this fashion would be pretty cool to have. What do you think of this idea, Christophe1966? :mrgreen:

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:21 am

From MOdusonics you can get an autnentic recreation of a System 15 for about 14K plus and thats based on a price list from a few years ago.

Some folks say thats not Moog but Mike Bucki worked as a Moog Tech since the 70's until they closed and he is using the leftover componants from the original factory so its about as close to Moog as you can get.

Moog clones.

I think they start out cheapest at synthesizers.com and Id probably rate them the best. THen MOTM and Club of the Knobs come in second and third and are probably similar in price.
Then Modusonics (im sure there are others) is by far the most outrageous.

SOme people critisize me because they say Im paying for the name. Im paying for the sound and I guess the name. But when Im done Im going to have a fat modular synth....after I throw down 8000 for about 17 or so modules....not counting shipping and the rest of my Moog/Moogerfooger collection.

Last edited by EricK on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:24 am

A system 55 is about 32,000 or somewhere around there.

Its like 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid or SYstem 55.

If Im not mistaken 30-35,000 in todays dollars Is probably what the same system went for when it first came out, in 1975 dollars.

I could be wrong. At least Walter Sear said "You could buy a small house for the price of one of these things (system 55)." He ought to know, he was the main guy selling them.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.