Note calibration issue

Everything Phatty.
Ingmar

Note calibration issue

Post by Ingmar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:59 am

Hi all,

I decided to put my first post upon this board, but unfortunately because I need the boards collective LP experience.

I have a question about my Moog LP Tribute Edition.
I've had some tuning issues with it, same as in this post.
So I tried the note calibration from the system utilities menu, which seemed to help for most people. But during the calibration with every note it would produce an error. Only after hitting the store/enter button the calibration would go on. I tried to calibrate notes 12-124 and only around note 65-70 the errors would stop and eventually it would finish and the display would say: calibration succesfull!

But after playing it I would notice that every note was horribly out of tune, some more then others, but it was a mess! I've also noticed that with some patches the notes are equally out of tune and with other patches there seem to be a very high degree of detune between the two oscillators and individual notes.

I've tried to calibrate a couple of times allready, but I'm getting the same result every time. My LP is now pretty useles, unless you're making avant garde atonal music (of which I'm not a big fan).

Does anybody have any idea on what the source of these errors could be? I've tried hooking it up to another power outlet (a grounded one), but no luck. It's not situated in a cold shed outside my house, so temperature shouldn't be an issue also.

I'm pretty devastated, considering that I love the LP. I've tried contacting a Moog service point here in the Netherlands, but there is only one and it's closed (or does anybody know of another one besides the Music House?).

I'd love to here any opinions on this, because I would really like to hear my baby sing again!

Thanks