Little Phatty Desktop Wallpaper

Everything Phatty.
Johnny_Cradle

Post by Johnny_Cradle » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm

LP wallpaper_ was the 1st thing i looked out for as soon as i got home... after unpacking the LP of course_
I always see some Voyager walls but never the LP_
Please Moog_

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:18 am

Wow..a Moog in South Africa...who'd a thought? Very cool! It always blows my mind as a narrow-minded American when I see some of the countries where fellow forum members are from. I guess you'd call it...global Mooging! :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Johnny_Cradle

Post by Johnny_Cradle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:53 am

True indeed_
You'd be more suprised by even more gear kids play with in these here parts_ but through all the flashiest of gadgets you'd be less suprised (as a LP owner yourself) by the far too familiar reaction when you put your phatty on the bandstand... see fig.2 illustration of turning heads mumbling... "nice synth"

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:02 am

My LP turns more heads than it used to though. What with the custom lights and all. I'm not even done with everything I want to add! I still need to get some custom wood side panels in birds eye maple, and stained Hunter green. I've got some other ideas as well for the appearance.

I've found the LP to be inspiring visually, as well as soundwise. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

fidooda

Post by fidooda » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:50 am

Voltor07 wrote:
I've found the LP to be inspiring visually, as well as soundwise. :D
+1 to that statement. After programming patches (from scratch or from the calibration preset if you prefer) for a couple of hours, i remembered i wanted to take some more night pics...

oh, thanks Erick for the suggestion btw.

higher resolution are available if you click on the magnifier glass.

here:
http://flickr.com/photos/synhack/3187210592/

and out of focus:
http://flickr.com/photos/synhack/3186370801/

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:32 am

Very nice photography, fidooda! Do you use a digital camera, or film for that? I don't know how the Canon digital Rebel XT works, and since it's my dad's, I don't feel like RTFM to figure it out. Therefore, the flash is always on, and the exposure time is always the same. :lol:

fidooda

Post by fidooda » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:45 am

Voltor07 wrote:Very nice photography, fidooda! Do you use a digital camera, or film for that? I don't know how the Canon digital Rebel XT works, and since it's my dad's, I don't feel like RTFM to figure it out. Therefore, the flash is always on, and the exposure time is always the same. :lol:
well... it looks like we have both the same camera ( rebel XT). So stop using the default presets on this puppy and do some patch programming!

with any SLR camera it's really worth it to learn how it works, cause let me tell you flash photography sucks when you know how to do it without the flash. After you understand how it works a little you will realise the default lens is not that great and get some really cool ones.

then at some point you'll give a basic 101 course to a friend (or girlfriend) who could take pics of your performance for you:
http://flickr.com/photos/synhack/2370464662/

thanks for the compliment! i don't think i'm done with the idea, i'll try some new angles some day.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:48 am

fidooda wrote: well... it looks like we have both the same camera ( rebel XT). So stop using the default presets on this puppy and do some patch programming!
I know...when I get time...I'm looking at cars right now, and that's time consuming. Americans need their cars. :roll: Mine was totaled last month. :cry:

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:16 am

Yeah Volt, you ought to be a natural born knob tweaker by now lol.

Those pictures don't resemble anything that looks like a synth lol. Especially with the LEDs reflecting off each key.

THis is my baby a little out of focus. Ive probably taken more pics of the same rig and posted them on here three times over lol.

I love photography but I don't have a decent camera. My wife just got a little 8mp point and shoot for christmas.

Eric on the other hand put a downpayment on a taurus rather than get an SLR.

Its like Moog tends to outbalance things in the long run. Moog or gun. Hmmmm well As much as Id like a .357 revolver, I have to go with a couple of Foogers. Moog or Gun. Hmm well as much as Id like an AR15, I think another fooger is called for.

I won't be happy until I own all the Foogers.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 am

EricK wrote:Yeah Volt, you ought to be a natural born knob tweaker by now lol.
I can turn the knobs on the camera, no problem, as well as play around with the interface. Most of the time, though, I have no idea what I'm doing, and therein lies the problem. :lol:

fidooda

Post by fidooda » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 am

EricK wrote: Those pictures don't resemble anything that looks like a synth lol. Especially with the LEDs reflecting off each key.
Eric
i'll take that as a compliement :D
EricK wrote: Its like Moog tends to outbalance things in the long run. Moog or gun. Hmmmm well As much as Id like a .357 revolver, I have to go with a couple of Foogers. Moog or Gun. Hmm well as much as Id like an AR15, I think another fooger is called for.

I won't be happy until I own all the Foogers.

Eric
+1 on foogers, Moog before guns!

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:41 pm

Yeah that was meant to be a compliment. WHat I was really saying is that with all the lights on it doesn't resemble a synth. I don't own one, but that kind of panel illumination doesn't scream "keyboard" you know? It loks great but especially when you can't see the keys its like.....what is that?

THe Voyager just looks like some kind of Spaceship panel, like it was really made by Moog Inc and not Moog Music Inc lol.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 am

One of the Tribute in low light would be awesome!

If I finally get with the 2000's and get a damn camera for myself, I'll be sure to post a few things...