Littlw phatty differences

Everything Phatty.
username

Littlw phatty differences

Post by username » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:03 pm

This may have been asked before but I cnat find it with a search. Is there a faq regarding the differences between the stage, tribute, and stage II?

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Hey,
http://www.moogmusic.com/littlephatty/

You can read the various specs on the links to the respective model.

Eric

I don't want to say for sure because I don't own an LP.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

username

Post by username » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:18 pm

I just think they should put an easy comparison between the models. The updates/software/versions etc.. is getting pretty confusing

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:10 pm

username wrote:I just think they should put an easy comparison between the models. The updates/software/versions etc.. is getting pretty confusing
Stage I-Almost the same as a Stage II, except early Stage I's do not have the upgraded S&H and noise chips. Not a big deal, as I don't believe that I have them, and I am quite happy with the sound. Also, Stage II's have USB. A Stage I is compatible with OS 2.00 up, which is where I believe the confusion sets in.

Stage II-The latest incarnation of the LP, with upgraded S&H and noise chips. Has a black rear panel.

Tribute-The first LP to be released. Has less room for memory than the Stage I & II, so OS 2.00 will not work with it. Which is why OS 1.04 was developed. A memory upgrade is available, and OS 2.0T is functional when the memory upgrade is made. The Tribute has some issues that could not be addressed in 2.00, because these issues were fixed in the Stage I edition, so they had to write OS 2.0T to add fixes.

Hope this helps! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:12 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Stage I-Almost the same as a Stage II, except early Stage I's do not have the upgraded S&H and noise chips. Not a big deal, as I don't believe that I have them, and I am quite happy with the sound
Right before the release of the LP Stage II, I asked Amos when the improved sample and hold ICs were implemented in the LP Stage I. Here's a direct quote from him: "about 50 units ago, I think."

So it would seem only the very last batches of LP Stage Is have the improved sample and hold ICs found in the LP Stage IIs. I can confirm this as I was easily able to detect the noise on an LP Stage I in the 2900 serial number range.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:07 pm

T7 wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:Stage I-Almost the same as a Stage II, except early Stage I's do not have the upgraded S&H and noise chips. Not a big deal, as I don't believe that I have them, and I am quite happy with the sound
Right before the release of the LP Stage II, I asked Amos when the improved sample and hold ICs were implemented in the LP Stage I. Here's a direct quote from him: "about 50 units ago, I think."

So it would seem only the very last batches of LP Stage Is have the improved sample and hold ICs found in the LP Stage IIs. I can confirm this as I was easily able to detect the noise on an LP Stage I in the 2900 serial number range.
Thanks for that T7. I've got Stage I 1326, and while I hear some noise on the S&H, it doesn't seem worth it to me to get it fixed. The ends doesn't seem to justify the means for me. Just my opinion. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

jimkost2002

differences in models

Post by jimkost2002 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:28 pm

very nicely summed up, voltor

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks, jimkost! :mrgreen: