Phatty as a controller

Everything Phatty.
ColorForm2113

Phatty as a controller

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:51 pm

im looking into getting a phatty (if all things go accordingly) but I've been wondering, there is no way to use the LP as a cv controller, correct? Other than midi to cv convertor. Is there perhaps away to make the keyboard jack dual function, like with a trs cable? Have one way control the gate as it already does, and then the other send out keyboard control so you could slave a freqbox or ring mod or modular vco etc. just shooting out some ideas...maybe for stage 3 lol

GregAE

Re: Phatty as a controller

Post by GregAE » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:03 pm

ColorForm2113 wrote:im looking into getting a phatty (if all things go accordingly) but I've been wondering, there is no way to use the LP as a cv controller, correct? Other than midi to cv convertor.
Correct. As currently implemented, the LP has no CV output. Yes, you could use a MIDI/CV converter to get CV's from the LP if you need to.
ColorForm2113 wrote:Is there perhaps away to make the keyboard jack dual function, like with a trs cable? Have one way control the gate as it already does, and then the other send out keyboard control so you could slave a freqbox or ring mod or modular vco etc. just shooting out some ideas...
Good ideas for an LP 'Stage 3'.

:D

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:40 pm

ok after playing with the LP for probably over an hour at guitar center, i think i can live with out the cv out. there are just so many modulation options, and with the FREE CP251 and some foogers i think it will serve me well.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:37 pm

Look out CF!

hehe go for it!

Better not go selling that Micro! But if you do offer it to me first.

EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:32 am

actually I am :oops: only if I can get it for an even trade though for a LP stage 2. I've just got these ideas in my head and I've kinda hit the wall with my gear. So as much as it pains me to sell it, it will be much more satisfing to complete a thought. Im still very hesitant though

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:04 am

ColorForm2113 wrote: actually I am :oops: only if I can get it for an even trade though for a LP stage 2. I've just got these ideas in my head and I've kinda hit the wall with my gear. So as much as it pains me to sell it, it will be much more satisfing to complete a thought. Im still very hesitant though
DO NOT sell your micro! There are many ways you can incorporate it with your Phatty! Trust me on this! As someone that turned down the opprotunity to purchase a micro because he thought there was NO WAY he could have used both...keep the micro and buy the LP! Trust me on this one! KEEP the micro and buy the Stage II! You won't regret it! Those two together will be UNSTOPPABLE! The micro can be linked through CV with the LP! The combination of new and old would be KILLER! :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.