Tribute Upgrade

Everything Phatty.
Assar

Post by Assar » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:10 am

Amos wrote:Assar, I'm sorry for the delay and I'll sort it out.
Scheisse happens and things doesn't work out as planned all the time. That's ok, as long as you fix it when does.
Thanks for fixing it, Amos!
Amos wrote:Hi Assar, I'm here (at home, on the weekend)
Good that you take some time off ... but you shouldn't be checking your work mail on the weekends ... relax and have enjoy life instead!
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi again Assar,

You are right, I shouldn't worry about work on the weekend.
It turns out we shipped the parts to Fitzpatrick last Friday,
so they are on the way. As soon as this shipment arrives,
they will have all necessary equipment to complete your upgrade.
Thanks, and my apologies again for the delay.

Cheers,

Amos

moogslob

local boy

Post by moogslob » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Heya- I'm a LPTE owner in NC looking for a reason to drive up to Asheville- The upgrades sound great- I was wondering if I could just drop it by in person and pick it up later in the weekend? Have you had any "in the area" customers do such a thing?
thanks
Seth
Voyager Old School, Etherwave Theremin, Wurlitzer 200A, MS2000, Gretsch Anni, dinged up surfboard x 2

http://www.moped10.com

Steril707

Post by Steril707 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:42 am

Excuse me, if I sound a little bit confused...

Am I correct on the fact, that at the moment, the only way to get a new OS on my Tribute is to upgrade it with bigger memory?

Just asking, I remember there was supposed to be a non-upgraded-memory version as well, is this already released, or not, and if not, will it?

Seems I am a little bit uninformed... ;)

dave500

email Amos

Post by dave500 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:16 pm

You should email Amos for it. :D
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

Assar

Post by Assar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Ok, now it's done. I got my MLPTE back today with the 2.0 upgrade (hiss noise fix, memory upgrade and new OS).
Finally!

The arpeggiator is kinda nice to have, so is the tap tempo. I haven't had time to check all new functions yet. But so far I like it!

One of the first things I wanted to do was to sync the SnH-LFO with the arpeggiator. For instance so the SnH-filter changes on 1/8:s and the arpeggiator plays 1/2:s.

Does anyone know how to do that? I can't get them to sync ...

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Excellent
The arpeggiator is nice indeed
Yesterday I tried something fun : launching a beat on the Electribe EMX, with the audio output fed into the LP audio input, and playing an arpeggio synced to the EMX by MIDI
Crunchy!
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

Assar

Post by Assar » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:36 pm

*bump*

Noone who knows how to sync LFO and the arpeggiator without using external MIDI?
Assar wrote:One of the first things I wanted to do was to sync the SnH-LFO with the arpeggiator. For instance so the SnH-filter changes on 1/8:s and the arpeggiator plays 1/2:s.

Does anyone know how to do that? I can't get them to sync ...

gazer

Post by gazer » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Does the upgrade completely get rid of the high pitch noise that is heard best on low bass patches that don't have the filter overdriven to cover up the sound. I assume this is the egr scanning noise. Very loud when monitoring through headphones. I'm nervous about shipping mine but if it fixes the sound completely(gets rid of the high pitch scanning noise completely, all gone)it would hopefully be worth it. So anyone who has done the upgrade, did you used to have the noise and is it gone now? Please test with headphones.
Thank you in advance.

Assar

Post by Assar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 pm

gazer wrote:Does the upgrade completely get rid of the high pitch noise that is heard best on low bass patches that don't have the filter overdriven to cover up the sound. I assume this is the egr scanning noise. Very loud when monitoring through headphones. I'm nervous about shipping mine but if it fixes the sound completely(gets rid of the high pitch scanning noise completely, all gone)it would hopefully be worth it. So anyone who has done the upgrade, did you used to have the noise and is it gone now? Please test with headphones.
Thank you in advance.
If you are refering to the "special factory upgrade deal" (described here: http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9645#39645): No, it does NOT.
If you want the noise you describe fixed you can just do the OS upgrade. There is some other kind of noise problem that the chip replacement handles. But not the EGR noise (hiss noise, whatever ...).

To make sure you have the egr noise, turn of the egr matrix. If the noise disappoears, that's it.

I just did the chip replacement in order to get the noise in my TE fixed, but it is still there. When I wrote to Amos about it he told me that the noise the chip upgrade takes care of is another noise problem. Ok, I got more memory, but that was not the primary issue for me.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:19 am

Gazer: Yes the noise you are talking about is fixed with the OS 1.04 for tribute; no need for any upgrades. However, OS 1.04 does not get the arpeggiator, or LFO MIDI sync, or other nice features.

Assar: Here's how to do what you want, without MIDI: set the Arpeggiator clock source to LFO! That way, the LFO is directly driving the Arp, and you can get the different clock divisions for S&H and the Arpeggiator, but driven from the same internal clock.

Cheers,

Amos

Assar

Post by Assar » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:48 am

Amos wrote:Gazer: Yes the noise you are talking about is fixed with the OS 1.04 for tribute; no need for any upgrades. However, OS 1.04 does not get the arpeggiator, or LFO MIDI sync, or other nice features.

Assar: Here's how to do what you want, without MIDI: set the Arpeggiator clock source to LFO! That way, the LFO is directly driving the Arp, and you can get the different clock divisions for S&H and the Arpeggiator, but driven from the same internal clock.

Cheers,

Amos
Thanks Amos. With that setup the arp and the LFO follows the same pace.
But because the LFO cycle doesn't start when you press the key, the LFO and the arp don't get in sync unless you happens to press the key just when the LFO cycle starts.
So it's not just a matter of bpm, it's also a LFO cycle start thing.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:22 am

I agree, an LFO sync on key-press option would be really good, not only for this but for other nice effects as well. It's on my "requested features" list!

Kind regards,

Amos

janus

Post by janus » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Gazer: Yes the noise you are talking about is fixed with the OS 1.04 for tribute; no need for any upgrades.

Sorry, I'm not up to date. This sounds as the OS 1.04 is released?? It haven't found it yet.

dave500

ask for it

Post by dave500 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:38 pm

email Amos for the OS
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron