Laser blaster sounds?

Everything Phatty.
tutstyty

Laser blaster sounds?

Post by tutstyty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Does anyone know how to make laser sounds with the little phatty? Maybe something along the lines of the original star wars laser sound?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:39 am

Yes...but I don't have the preset to send you. I'll give you a hint...start with BREAKING TOYS preset on the Stage II, and push buttons and turn knobs. Also, the mod wheel should be turned up about half way. Hope this helps! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:36 pm

You have to have something with a fast sweeping filter, fast envelopes and some noise.

You want a fast attack, a fast release. You can probably get this with just the noise and no tones.

I think that if you can have the filter sweep towards the negative rather than sweep up to and after the cutoff point then that will get your lazer like sounds.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:29 pm

You can also set filter egr amount above 50%
and set filter envelope attack = zero, sustain = zero,
then vary the filter envelope Decay time to get shorter or longer zap sounds.
go to advanced preset, mod 6 src; set = to Noise,
select mod source osc2 on the panel,
set mod destination to filter or pitch, push mod wheel all the way up then set modulation Amount to taste....
almost forgot, try turning up the filter Resonance to about 3:00 or a little past...
this should be a very basic recipe for some zap noises.