Logic: clock signal and the arpeggiator

Everything Phatty.
batdown

Logic: clock signal and the arpeggiator

Post by batdown » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:31 pm

I am a brand new logic user. I am trying to get Logic to send a clock signal to the LP so I can sync sample and hold and the arpeggiator. unfortunately, I am stuck. I think I've set the tempo of the project in logic, and connected the LP via midi as well as direct audio in, and set the arpeggiator source to MIDI. however, when i activate the arp on the LP, no sound comes out. help!

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:42 am

I can't tell you (not being a Logic user myself) exactly how to get Logic to transmit MIDI clock to your computer's MIDI output, but it sounds like that's what isn't happening. When the arpeggiator clock source = MIDI clock, if there is no MIDI clock coming in to the LP, the arpeggiator doesn't play. So this seems to indicate that Logic isn't set up to transmit MIDI clock at this time. Usually there's an option you'd tick somewhere in your preferences to enable this. It might be a part of your logic studio environment set-up or some such; again though, I barely know what I'm talking about when it comes to Logic. Hopefully you can scout around with this extra info and find the option you need to enable.

Cheers,

Amos

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:10 am

I barely know what im talking about when it comes to logic.

lolol

You know Ive run across many people on forums that have basically said the same thing, just they didn't know it lol.

:lol:

Just teasing Amos.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

batdown

Post by batdown » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:47 pm

thanks, I got it working. I was confusing Midi Clock with Midi Time Code in Logic.