New Soundtower LP editor version has finally arrived!

Everything Phatty.

Dannymon

Post by Dannymon » Fri May 30, 2008 6:26 pm

Not only it arrived, but after a few minutes messing with it, it seems that the program is running better now.

Before, whenever I changed any of the advanced parameters on the software my LP would freeze.....now, that problem is gone, or so it seems.

Let's hope I don't find any new bugs, but this version seems to be working better for me.
Daniel Trejo
------------------------------------
Litlte Phatty V1, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104z, MF-105, Kenton Pro Solo.

dlearyus

v1.60 editor

Post by dlearyus » Fri May 30, 2008 6:34 pm

!Avast reports it contains a virus/worm
Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}
for the file "MoogLPSetup.exe" on SoundTower link
false positive?

the link on moog product page still points to v1.0.0

Dannymon

Post by Dannymon » Sat May 31, 2008 5:28 pm

!Avast reports it contains a virus/worm
Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}
for the file "MoogLPSetup.exe" on SoundTower link
false positive?
That is why Windows suck.......No problems with the Mac version (1.6.0).
Daniel Trejo
------------------------------------
Litlte Phatty V1, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104z, MF-105, Kenton Pro Solo.

sergiovalente9

It sucks!!

Post by sergiovalente9 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:58 pm

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 I purchased the full Soundtower´s Little Phatty SoundEditor. It has a lot of bugs in 2007 and it has a lot of bugs know. I pay U$s 69, exchanged a lot of email with Derek (ex member??) but the software works very very bad.

The 2nd mod destination now shows a light when you click on the diferent options (filter, wave, etc) but when you write it to the LP SE (the hardware one) it don´t save. The same happen with filter´s sens vel and with filter poles.

3 updates (very very delayed) cames and the bugs still here. I love my phatty and editor is very cool (and very precise) but the software, the editor, really sucks!!!.

I don´t know Soundtower company, I buy the editor because is Moog Soundtower editor. I didn´t think that something so bad can have the Moog name on it.

As an user I want an answer (not an email, a public answer) because the editor has a lot of bugs and as i read here (the moog forum) a lot of user has the same bugs in their Editor.

Waiting for an answer (a real one)

Sergio

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:11 am

Hi Sergio, and anyone else who is curious. I'm working with SoundTower now, to identify any remaining bugs in the LP Editor.

Please post any bugs you are still getting with the LP Editor in this thread, and I will try to confirm them... then we will work on a resolution for each one. Please be polite; I know bugs can be frustrating, but it takes time and care to fix each one... it also takes good communication between users and programmers!

Kind regards,

Amos

dlearyus

previous post re: !Avast

Post by dlearyus » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:16 pm

false positive....virus def update and all ok

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Amos wrote: Please post any bugs you are still getting with the LP Editor in this thread, and I will try to confirm them... then we will work on a resolution for each one. Please be polite; I know bugs can be frustrating, but it takes time and care to fix each one... it also takes good communication between users and programmers!

Kind regards,

Amos
Hi Amos,

the biggest fattest bug in the present soundtower edition is that it is unable to write any single preset or any user bank to the LP TE.

This concerns fundamental functionionality and should be fixed first IMHO.

sergiovalente9

Post by sergiovalente9 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:09 am

Amos wrote:Hi Sergio, and anyone else who is curious. I'm working with SoundTower now, to identify any remaining bugs in the LP Editor.

Please post any bugs you are still getting with the LP Editor in this thread, and I will try to confirm them... then we will work on a resolution for each one. Please be polite; I know bugs can be frustrating, but it takes time and care to fix each one... it also takes good communication between users and programmers!

Kind regards,

Amos
Hi Amos, sorry to be rude. Please excuse me. I email to you and your answer was so fast and kind. But no answer from Soundtower.

The software has some bug (as i said to you), the more important are:

1) You can´t write the preset you made in the Editor in the Phatty (SE with OS 2 in my case). Filter poles, filter sense, 2nd mod destination, filter or SH, OSC2 or Noise don´t write correctly. For example if you made a preset with filter sens 4 when you write it on the phatty is change to 8 (the default) the same with all features i named.

2) To be polite with Soundtower in the first software version the preset in the phatty overwrite the editor. For example I made a preset programing via Sound Editor. You put a name and when you want to save it in the phatty (edit menu - write) the original preset overwrite your preset. In newer version this was fixex. But now only same part of the preset is saved in the phatty. Other parts (like filter sense, filter poles, etc) don´t save write.

3) In newer version is complicated to use your qwerty keyboard. If you are in the edit window you can´t use your qwerty keyboard. You must to click in the librarian window to use it.

Transfering preset from or to the phatty via editor is all right. I know that the magic hand of Amos will fix it all right.

Cheers from Argentina

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Any progress in the making?
I need patch write and user bank write for any normal workflow.

dlearyus

ask and yea shall recieve (hopefully)

Post by dlearyus » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:59 pm

if enuff peeps ask maybe they will do it...worth an email

http://www.squest.com/Forms/instrreq.html

they are a pretty good company been around a LONG time.

they wrote a custom librarian/editor for a roland d-5 for me in 1987.

it worked very well. these doods INVENTED the librarian/editor.

cheers

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:35 am

Amos,

you confirmed you cooperate with Soundtower on a solution.
Any progress?

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:40 am

UPDATE:

We found the problem. It was not a bug in the editor; it was a small and easily-overlooked difference in the structure of presets saved on the Tribute Edition OS. The next OS update for the TE will unify the preset structure so it is the same across all models of Little Phatty.

For now, Mark at SoundTower was able to take this difference into account and the Editor/Librarian will now save and load TE presets correctly.

Download the editor update here:
http://soundtower.com/moog/littlephatty ... /index.htm

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:35 am

Thanks for fast updating!

Just installed and checked Soundtowers version 1.6.1 with LP TE Os 1.3. Writing single presets as well as user banks does work without problems now!

cplyon

Post by cplyon » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:27 pm

I am using Editor/Librarian v1.6.1 on MacOS 10.4, and I'm still unable to open saved presets (.mlp) that were received from the LP, or library (.lpl) files at all. I emailed Mark at Soundtower almost 2 weeks ago with no reply.

Is anyone else seeing File opening problems on Mac?