When ? --> LP OS 1.04 & 2.00 for Tribute Edition

Everything Phatty.
haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:36 am

there was only the Tribute Edition
this was quite not true in Europe.

we had the choice and the tribute was sell as a superior synth (than the SE).
this is why i baught it ! simple isn't it ?

and the stage was not presented as a "bug free TE" or "improved TE"...
like you said some days ago.

this is why were're complaining here

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:05 am

fair enough, haiku-ish; I can understand and respect this.
I am devoted to making sure there is a fair solution to this complaint, also.

...all of which is not the same thing as saying the TE should always be *superior* to any other LP edition, or we should design a new CV out module which is only for the Tribute, etc. These latter opinions are the ones I am calling unreasonable.

(this is not to say that a CV output module wouldn't be really cool... of course it would. But it makes zero economic sense, for reasons which I could spell out at length but will spare you unless provoked. :) )

djghostdogg

please

Post by djghostdogg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:26 pm

please don't quit your job AMOS!!
LP TE - MF-101 - MF-102 - MF-104z - MF-103 - CP-251

dlearyus

As The LPTE Turns

Post by dlearyus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Last episode Frank and Barbara were..........

It would seem to me that the LPTE was/is a total success for Moog, out of 1200 units sold there seems to be a very small percentage of users who are not happy. The forums provide a public vehicle for everything from complaints to atta-boys. Complaints always seem to stand out because that is the nature of the beast. Moog as with most other developers will eventually iron out what bugs they can I'm sure. In the meantime is it not better to view the glass as "half full" as opposed to "half empty"? Speaking for the much larger majority of happy LPTE owners "Thank You Moog and all your hard working, caring staff for producing one of the best Moogs that have ever been at that price point" It enabled alot of us who otherwise would never own a true Moog to enjoy the fruits of Dr. Bob's lifetime efforts."

On tomorrows episode Dave and Crystal have big trouble with......

Cheers All
LPTE #585

p.s. want some cheese for that whine?

gazer

Post by gazer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Amos since you quoted my words then proceeded to try to read my mind, I would like to clarify my words which are being twisted now. The frustration i am having with my LP TE is a problem of the second oscillator consistently being flat no matter if i let it warm up for hours, do 4 full calibrations back to back, or just talk gently to it. I'll send you audio files if you don't believe me. i have a legit complaint here. I think the other day was the first time I actually bitched on the forum also.
I have thought reluctantly of sending it in for service until I heard a couple other people saying they have the same problem. So i keep thinking its a firmware thing, probably just hoping cause that would be a quicker, easier fix. Some one mentioned something about making the tribute special. I mentioned what i would like as an option, and i did not say or mean for it to be only for the tribute. Why would I care.(I'm not really that jealous of the arp or the midi over usb) I even said I would be happy to pay for such a thing and I would. What's wrong with upgrades? When the mf 107 came out. It started to bug me my lp couldn't control it the way I wanted it to, in my mind, to it's true potential. When i bought the lp I was torn between it and the voyager.(Now I know I should have bought the voyager) I bought the lp for two reasons 1) thinking it was a limited edition and if I ever wanted to upgrade to the voyager i could always get my money easily back out of the LP. The second being my fascination with Dr. Moog and the LP being his last design while he was ill before he passed away.
Being someone who understands life threatening illnesses it was something I felt I could relate to and at the same time impressed me so much because it seemed he refused to be stopped by his illness, continuing to design seemingly up to the end of his life. I wasn't there so I cant know but that is how it appeared from the outside looking in. I really don't want to get rid of my lp cause I've always felt it is magical, like there might still be undiscovered potential in the circuits that Bob designed. I'm sure all of you poured everything you had into making the LP as true to how Bob designed it. I would like to reiterate I only expect moog to fix what ever is wrong with the 2nd oscillator or what is making the oscillator behave odd. I am just bummed the lp doesn't control the 107's freq cv so i can use it as a third oscillator. The lp is a great synth minus a couple rare problems and I have enjoyed playing and programing it but now I would like more control so I decided to sell my lp te and get a voyager os since my patch memory isn't working real well I have gotten used to starting my programming on the calibration patch. But the last tribute I saw sell went for slightly under a grand. I paid 1575 for my tribute the stage 2's are street price 1000. Combine that with a few of the te's having problems, they aren't selling on the used market real well. I wouldn't even feel right about trying to sell my LP until the oscillator problem is fixed. Then I hoped the mp 201 would have a work around for the issue of controlling the 107 via cv. It didn't so I got frustrated and I voiced it. I don't appreciate being told I can't say anything but ass kissing comments when I talk about moog products. Amos for the last few years I have had nothing but respect for you and have told you so on every occasion I could. I am not a regular poster or complainer on these boards. To be honest i think I've done more moog ass kissing than complaining. I still don't understand why me wanting cv outs keeps you from sleeping. That was a wish for me so I didn't need to buy a voyager or a future retro xs to do the things I want to do. Let my repeat myself, I really like my LP and I don't appreciate being ganged up on because i'm having a rare problem. I don't appreciate being called a whiner because you don't have the same problem. I am severely ill and I deal with more pain and misery on a daily basis than most of you have seen in your lives. I am not a damn whiner. You are obviously very personally involved in the LP project Amos and what I said the other day upset you. I'm sorry you feel unappreciated. It feels bad huh? My comments make you want to quit, well yours make me feel stupid for being a Moog fanboy for so long. Be happy you have the health to have the over demanding job that you have. It is some people's dream to do what you do. I mean come on man you are alot of peoples hero, you work for moog music and you got to work side by side with Dr. Robert Moog, who know what wonderful things you got to talk to the man about. This issue has been blown way out of proportion I dont need you to replace every led light so my tribute can stay blue. I just want to be heard and would like a fix for the sound problem of my instrument because i have waited patiently for probably a year.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Gazer, I hope I'm not asking too much to ask you to separate your paragraphs with a bit of white space when writing such long posts.

I'm sorry you are unhappy, and more sorry you are ill. Yes, it was unprofessional of me to talk about how this situation makes me feel, and I apologise. I was not intending to single you out in any way when I wrote "this thread sometimes makes me..." and in fact I have no intention of quitting work at Moog, over this or for any other reason.

I know you didn't request a CV-output to be only for the Tribute; I'm telling you because I know what is involved, that a CV-output solution for the Tribute would have to be for the Tribute only, because the hardware is different and the side panels are different. This means that what would work for the Tribute wouldn't work for the Stage and vice versa.

I certainly don't think you're a whiner; your problems all sound entirely legitimate. If you have not done so previously, it would be a good idea to contact me personally at [amos] at moogmusic.com, and we can talk about the several options we have available (including CV output, if it's worth paying for some custom work). It sounds like you've been holding on to some frustration for a while, and it is always better to contact us directly, sooner rather than later, so we can address your problems on an individual basis.

Thanks,

Amos

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:43 pm

hi there,

Amos have you any news about the TE new os ?

about update ? or board swapping news ?

Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Amos, can you make an OS update that will suck up and neutralize my neighbor's woofer noise?
I think this is a fair inquiry....
I'd also like it to be able to morph into a pocket unit for easier travel...
It's possible, right?

:lol: :wink:
Little Phatty Tribute #525, MF-102, MF-105, APC40, LPD8, Ibanez SR3000E Bass

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Right now I'm working on getting five Little Phattys to assemble into a super robot warrior. I'll get back to you on the other stuff. ;)

In all seriousness, we're discussing what we need to do in order to complete the OS update, and I am waiting to receive a price quote on the cost of swapping all the amber LEDs for blue ones on a set of Stage boards.

Cheers,

A

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:49 am

Thanks for the news Amos !

does the robot warrior have Rac ?

Roetsj

Post by Roetsj » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm

I am an analog robot,my mission is to destroy the digital synths! :twisted: :lol:
Keeping it analog

Rudelius

Post by Rudelius » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Roetsj wrote:I am an analog robot,my mission is to destroy the digital synths! :twisted: :lol:
With the Phat Phatty you can. Just program a massive bass drone sound and
it will obliterate any digital board :-)
BTW, good news that a software update for the TE is in the works!!

Cheers,

Rudelius

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:56 am

beta, or release candidate TE OS2 date ?
any info of what can (will) be implemented with the actual memory ?

thanks

hk

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:37 am

Cool news about the OS update
Keep up the good work :D

ps : can the update neutralize the boring chatter of the aforementioned "happy users" on a thread only relevant to TE owners whose machne actually suffer from a SERIOUS and LONGLASTING bug? That'd be nice too, because it's really starting to feel like a thread about owning a Ferrari that gives you electroshocks every time you turn the motor on, and being pestered by those who can drive it normally
But well, I guess I and the others have been saying that over and over and we're still patronized as whiners, so what's the point...
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson

Khoral

Post by Khoral » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:51 am

And about that whole thread, btw, and how it's now 11 pages...

Among the two (yeah, only two, see previous post) relevant parties here, there are the bugged TE owners who believe Moog's priority should be to address the bugs of sold units, and on the other side, there is Moog who believe its priority is to launch new products
I don't see that these two contradictory stances can find any middle ground, so after some point, debating is rather pointless and repetitive

I personally think we should let the matter rest, the spirits chill out and the OS will be there when it's there and then the world will be a shining place (well, maybe not, but at least we won't be arguing about the damn OS anymore!)
https//www.facebook.com/khoral80

"Children are the future... that's why they must be stopped" - H. J. Simpson