stiiiiiiive

Re: Great LP pics...

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Cheers Portamental!
Connaisseur, right? ;)

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Yep, I was a pro for 20 some years, now recycled into software programming. It was the time when videographers appeared and every brother-In-law, cousin and uncle bought themselves a new 35 mm Pentax with a flash... My Hasseblad didn't even stand a chance... Of course the day after, it was too late.... got the picture ? (pun intended) :lol:

dan thacker

Post by dan thacker » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Unbelievable detail!!You must have a damn fine camera,[and skill,of course!]

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:22 am

dan thacker wrote:Unbelievable detail!!You must have a damn fine camera,[and skill,of course!]
Thanks Dan :) Believe or not but I have the basic optics on a 4-5 year old basic camera.
Portamental wrote:Yep, I was a pro for 20 some years, now recycled into software programming. It was the time when videographers appeared and every brother-In-law, cousin and uncle bought themselves a new 35 mm Pentax with a flash... My Hasseblad didn't even stand a chance... Of course the day after, it was too late.... got the picture ? (pun intended) :lol:
Wow... I should call you Mister ;)

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 am

stiiiiiiive wrote:Wow... I should call you Mister ;)
I was kind of starting to like you.... until this. :lol: :mrgreen:

filtered

Post by filtered » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

well stiiiiive set the bar too high! (inspring stuff) so I'm going the opposite direction... :mrgreen:

and before you say anything tooo derogatory, that's me in the purple pants...2008 :P
Last edited by filtered on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:34 pm

filtered wrote: and before you say anything tooo derogatory, that's me in the purple pants...2009 :P
About that outfit...I like it! It fits well with the flash and glam stereotype that rock keyboardists face. And yes, that is a compliment. Three more keyboards, and you will need a purple cape to match! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 pm

filtered wrote: that's me in the purple pants...
Say again... where was this taken ? Haight Ashbury 1968 ??? :wink:

filtered

Post by filtered » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Savannah, Ga, 2008! A band called "Sweaty Already"- original garage disco! disbanded due to bassist being stuck in the snow, if you catch my drift- for real, actually! ha

http://www.myspace.com/wearesweatyalready/music

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Allright, wise joke with a big pay-off. Nice new music to listen to. Garage bands live tough life, that makes for good music 8)

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 pm

filtered wrote:Image
Hey, the topic title is Great LP pics, not Arty LP pics, isn't it? And this certainly IS a great pic! :D

filtered

Post by filtered » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Hey, the topic title is Great LP pics, not Arty LP pics, isn't it?

ah, but yet, cannot Arty be Great? eh padewon?
that closeup work has caused me to pull out the camera!

Portamental

Post by Portamental » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:12 pm

filtered ... tell me a bit about your guitar. I saw an almost identical one in a music store yesterday and I always wanted a Gretsch. Could this one be right for me?

filtered

Post by filtered » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:54 pm

.. tell me a bit about your guitar.
it's a 2005 Gretsch Double Anniversary- I've had it for 6 years and it's proven to be a very reliable workhorse! being a hollowbody with the bigsby tremolo, you have to watch your tuning, especially playing outdoor shows in hot/cold temps- tonewise it's very versatile- the pickups are humbuckers, but are brighter than any humbuckers I've experienced, especially compared to Gibsons- it has an odd carryover feature from the 60s; a 3 position tone switch- middle=wide open, down=tad brightness rolled back, up=even less brightness- kept on the down position, I can stay twangy without being obnoxiously bright- I had a vintage Gretsch for a while, but its tone was a bit murky, and I could never seem to get the intonation spot on- overall soundwise, this one has presence, like its Moog stage-neighbors!
any of the "professional" line pretty much share the same features/hardware- one of my bandmates has the Silver Falcon, and I can't hear any sonic difference between his and mine- they do make a less expensive line, the Electromatics- in my opinion, they're ok sounding, but with a much more generic tone, and I've witnessed many a frustrated guitarist battle to keep them in tune-
if the one you saw was pale green with dark green sides/back, then it was an Anniversary- you wouldn't regret that purchase!