Sub 37 Editor - Multiple Instances?

Everything Sub.
matthewangus

Sub 37 Editor - Multiple Instances?

Post by matthewangus » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi there, new owner of a Sub 37 and pretty impressed by the hardware. The Editor also looks like a nice piece of software, and DAW integration was one of the main reasons I bought this, knowing that the editor was comin' down the pipe.

Bummed to see that multiple instances of the editor aren't allowed within the same project in a DAW, even if one is turned off. This kind of defeats the whole purpose for me, as I was seeing this as a wonderful way to do recall on patches from within a project if something needed to be replayed. A lot of the time there are multiple tracks of Sub 37 in my projects.

Could this be considered for a future version of the editor? I understand why it wouldn't be easy to have both instances enabled at the same time, but if one plugin is disabled, another one should be able to be added -- connection with the Sub 37 would only be initiated if the user tried to enable the plugin.

Curious to know your thoughts, Moog team! But other than that, I'm thoroughly impressed with this whole thing. Best synth I've ever owned!!

Matt

Amos

Re: Sub 37 Editor - Multiple Instances?

Post by Amos » Mon May 02, 2016 9:37 am

We have done some work on this (allowing multiple instances which work one-at-a-time) but it was sufficiently complex to implement and test this feature that we were concerned it would further delay the 1.0 editor release. We will continue to work on it and will probably roll out this feature in a future update.

Amos

matthewangus

Re: Sub 37 Editor - Multiple Instances?

Post by matthewangus » Tue May 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Great to hear, thanks Amos!