sub 37 recording foot controlled filter cutoff as MIDI

Everything Sub.
Mr Noo

sub 37 recording foot controlled filter cutoff as MIDI

Post by Mr Noo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:51 am

I have been using my Sub37 with the editor in reaper and mostly everything works as expected. However, I can't find a way to get foot pedal filter cutoff frequency to be recorded as midi. Mod wheel control works fine, but how to get it controlled with a pedal?

I can control other parameters with my foot by plugging into 'pitch CV' and setting that to control noise level etc, but there is no option to control filter cutoff with the pitch cv input.

breun

Re: sub 37 recording foot controlled filter cutoff as MIDI

Post by breun » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:55 am

This doesn't seem to be related to MIDI directly, but filter cutoff frequency indeed just seems to be missing from the list of parameters you can control via the pitch/volume CV inputs (checked on firmware 1.2.0). I guess this could be added in a future firmware update. You might to send Moog an e-mail about this.

stiiiiiiive

Re: sub 37 recording foot controlled filter cutoff as MIDI

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:36 am

IIRC, unlike the knobs or wheels, the CV inputs are directly connected to the board: no MIDI here. When you record MIDI, it's not the proper filter cutoff frequency value you transmits but the knob position. No knob move, no value recorded, I guess.

Indeed, you may want to conact Moog about that. Oh and welcome to the forum :)