sub37 mod bus without LFO rate?

Everything Sub.
pixelfighters

sub37 mod bus without LFO rate?

Post by pixelfighters » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:40 pm

I am pretty new to the sub37, but even after reading several postings on how to route i still have one problem: if i route i.e. the mod wheel to the filter cutoff or osc-level i always end up in having my modulation applied in the rythm of the mod's LFO

If i switch the LFO to it's highest frequency the modulation gets dirty and noisy and if i set LFO swing to off it also does not help.

Any ideas for a newbie? I am using the 1.1.16 firmware and the 0.9.36 editor

greetings from Berlin

florian

stiiiiiiive

Re: sub37 mod bus without LFO rate?

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey Florian, welcome to the forum :)

I don't have any Sub37 but I'd say you have to somehow replace the LFO by a constant value (or filter envelope for instance) in the Mod Bus you're using. I'm sure some Sub37 guys will chime in to give details if you need more :)

DrJustice

Re: sub37 mod bus without LFO rate?

Post by DrJustice » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:43 pm

To use the mod wheel to control something directly, set the MOD SOURCE to F.EG / PGM. Then push the CONTROLLERS button to open the MOD x CONTROL menu. Set MOD WHEEL to 100%. Go to MOD x EDIT and set PGM SRC to CONST ON. Now the mod wheel will control pitch, filter and the selectable/programmable destination directly, according to the AMT settings.

If you want to control the osc level, you'll have to use a programmable destination. To do this, hold down the MOD DEST button while turning the knob you want to control, in this case e.g. OSC 1 level in the MIXER section. You can also use the MOD x CONTROL menu to set the PGM DST from there - the "press the MOD DEST button while turning the knob you want" -method is a convenient shortcut. Finally turn up MOD AMT to modulate the programmable destination (now the OSC 1 level).

If you set a programmable destination using the MOD x EDIT menu and setting PGM SRC there, you must make sure that the EG TIME / PGM LED next to the MOD DEST button is lit to indicate that the programmable destination is selected. If not already lit, repeatedly press the MOD DEST button until it is.

If you want to control the overall level of the sound, repeatedly press the MOD DEST button until the VCA LEVEL LED next to it is lit. If you want to only control part of the range, set MOD WHEEL in the MOD x CONTROL menu to less than 100%.