Sub37 + MFB Tanzbar

Everything Sub.
Ollimac73

Sub37 + MFB Tanzbar

Post by Ollimac73 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:05 am

First time to handle a Drum Machine (hardware)...I have just got a good deal on a used MFB Tanzbar....which I d like to integrate with the Sub37.

Which would be the best option?
I tried with Tanzbar MIDI OUT ---> MIDI IN (on my old Sub Phatty) but I could not sync anything.

I wonder if it was worth my investment :oops:
"...A fatal attraction is holding me fast
How can I escape this irresistible grasp?.."

aroom

Re: Sub37 + MFB Tanzbar

Post by aroom » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:27 pm

hi

i've got a tanzbaer and a sub37 in my set, so far no problem with the midi clock. the midi clock (and other special midi messages like start - stop - etc) from the tanzbear is transmitted to the midi out. it does stop to transmit if you plug a cable in the midi in though.

you have two midi in and one midi out. if you connect the midi out from the tanzbaer to the sub37, click on the sync button of the arp and start a rhythm , you should be on beat.

Ollimac73

Re: Sub37 + MFB Tanzbar

Post by Ollimac73 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:44 am

aroom wrote:hi

i've got a tanzbaer and a sub37 in my set, so far no problem with the midi clock. the midi clock (and other special midi messages like start - stop - etc) from the tanzbear is transmitted to the midi out. it does stop to transmit if you plug a cable in the midi in though.

you have two midi in and one midi out. if you connect the midi out from the tanzbaer to the sub37, click on the sync button of the arp and start a rhythm , you should be on beat.
Thanks a lot, appreciated your help!
With the Sub37 I ve never tried this road....although, it is exactly what I did when I had the Tanzbar connected with the SubPhatty, and there was no sync between the two.
I am going to test it!
Have a great "MOOG" day :D
"...A fatal attraction is holding me fast
How can I escape this irresistible grasp?.."