Just got a Sub 37 - need some MIDI help?

Everything Sub.
ColForbin

Just got a Sub 37 - need some MIDI help?

Post by ColForbin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Greetings All -

Just got a Sub 37 - and I'm trying to integrate it in to my rig at home. I've never delved too deep in to midi, but...
Ok maybe someone can give me a hand with this or possibly point me in the right direction... I'm a total MIDI noob when it comes to integrating multiple devices on different channels... Here's what I have and what I'm trying to accomplish... I'm using a Mac by the way...

Line 6 Helix - MIDI In/Out + USB MIDI
Sub 37 - MIDI In/Out + USB MIDI
Echolution Delay - MIDI In/Out
Infinity Looper - MIDI In Only
Mac with Maschine - MIDI In/Out + USB MIDI

I want all this stuff to talk to each other and maintain tempo sync. I would like to be able to change presets on the Echolution from the Helix and record MIDI info from the SUB37 in to the DAW/Maschine.

For now, the Helix doesnt necessarily need to be in the MIDI picture since it ignores tempo info - but whatever.

I can use my DAW or the Sub37 as the master clock.

I'm just not sure what the optimal way to set this all up is. Any one have any ideas?

Mantrak

Re: Just got a Sub 37 - need some MIDI help?

Post by Mantrak » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:55 pm

I would highly recommend iConnectMIDI4+. It allows all kinds of routing and filtering between computers and USB or DIN MIDI instruments. Not aware of anything else so powerful. If you have a DAW and several MIDI instruments, it is a must. It will also channel audio between computers (say from iPad to Mac). Amazing box.

Flareless

Re: Just got a Sub 37 - need some MIDI help?

Post by Flareless » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:43 am

Make sure to get the latest firmware for the Echolution. The older version only outputs the clock from the MIDI Out port whereas the new version allows the port to act as a MIDI Thru port.

The update to their software is also excellent but also requires the latest firmware. Both are available for free at the Pigtronix site.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart