CV map question

Everything Phatty.
jldunne

CV map question

Post by jldunne » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:51 pm

A patch I've made for live play sets the pitch whl up +12 steps ( one octave) I also use a TRS vol and mod pedal. I'm not much of a keys player and need to rock the pitch up an octave each measure and It might be easier for me to pedal the +12 pitch up so I tried mapping the vol pedal to pitch up in the Global menu but not any luck and ran out of time that day. I don't want to use the pitch CV input at all and it's not necessary in the Global menu it seems, the manual is not clear to me. Any one know how to map either one of the CV pedals to a +12 pitch up ? thanks

DaveBee

Re: CV map question

Post by DaveBee » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:05 pm

If you plug into the Pitch CV input with a pedal it will increase the pitch of both oscillators by pressing down on the pedal. However I used a Moog Expression pedal so not sure if your pedals are compatible or not. On this pedal there is an adjustment pot so I could cap the movement at 1 octave or some other interval. The pitch would rise as in a glide while pressing on the pedal until you hit your target pitch. If you pressed it fast though the glide would not be noticeable.

You can also map Pitch and Volume CV to other settings but I think you might only be limited to frequency or octave on a single oscillator.

jldunne

Post by jldunne » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:04 pm

I do have two Moog expression pedals ( TRS) I'll look for the adjustment pot BUT....

I use the pedals now for vol and filter CV input and only need one patch to glide an octave up so wanted to map the vol CV to a pitch bend which I think the manual says is possible. Indeed I can change the pitch but it goes about 4 octaves up. I've already adjusted the pitch wheel to one octave: +12 in Global map but haven't figured out how to do the same via the CV in

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:57 pm

You have to attentuate the voltage to one volt, not five.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

jldunne

Post by jldunne » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:48 pm

jsharpphoto wrote:You have to attentuate the voltage to one volt, not five.
Thanks, I' thought that might be the case.