How fast can you make the subphatty envelope decay?

Everything Sub.
newpollution

How fast can you make the subphatty envelope decay?

Post by newpollution » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Hey everyone,

Recently got a SP and am currently experimenting to learn all the options on this thing.

I'm wondering, how fast/short should the envelope decay be if set all the way counterclockwise?

When I have the amplifier's ADSR all to their lowest settings, I'm still getting a duration over a half second, and probably closer to a second. The attack seems immediate, but the decay doesn't seem very fast. With most synths I've used, I can set the decay super fast so that I'm just getting a click/pop-like sound (when the sustain is already down).

I'm also confused by the decay of the filter envelope. In the same way, it doesn't seem very fast. Even when I put it all the way counterclockwise, it takes over a second.

I feel like I'm missing something real obvious about how to set the envelopes. Is there a way to set the range for each of the envelope settings or something?

Sorry if this is something obvious and thanks for any help!

mmarsh100

Re: How fast can you make the subphatty envelope decay?

Post by mmarsh100 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:24 pm

Where is the SUSTAIN at? Also, RELEASE? They will be the apparent decay of the signal. You can make the envelope essentially click (in other words, very fast).

newpollution

Post by newpollution » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:34 pm

I've the attack, decay, sustain, and release all the way down, and I'm still not getting anywhere near a click/pop sound (much slower decay it seems). Is it possible the decay range was changed with the hidden functions? I'm totally lost with this...

newpollution

Post by newpollution » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:14 am

Ah, just figured it out. Looks like 'hold' was turned up for both the amp and the filter... Now to figure out if I can control that without using the editor software.