Sub 37: MIDI not playing, unit freezes, automation issues

Everything Sub.
alexfsu

Sub 37: MIDI not playing, unit freezes, automation issues

Post by alexfsu » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:17 pm

The MIDI light will stick on sometimes and freeze, and I won't be able to save the preset before having to init the preset. Other times notes just won't play in Ableton unless I start at the note, but when it loops again the note(s) won't play. I have to keep starting at the note to get it to play--I see incoming MIDI info in the Sub 37 and Ableton though. Also, if I automate knobs like decay, it will go inactive because it was moved manually, yet I didn't touch the decay knob at all. I'm hooked up through USB for MIDI and TRS for audio.

I'm considering taking it back to Guitar Center and exchanging for a new one, just seeing if this could be alleviated prior to that step, wishfully thinking that I don't have a lemon. Thanks.

latigid on

Re: Sub 37: MIDI not playing, unit freezes, automation issue

Post by latigid on » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:33 am

The normal cause is some sort of MIDI feedback loop, check that any data being received by your DAW is not being forwarded back out to the synth.

alexfsu

Post by alexfsu » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:35 am

latigid on wrote:The normal cause is some sort of MIDI feedback loop, check that any data being received by your DAW is not being forwarded back out to the synth.
I have MIDI in Ableton that's playing the Sub 37, so I guess that means MIDI is being forwarded back out to the synth. Could you please advise me as to what specifically I should do?

Like just now, MIDI randomly stopped being received by the Sub 37. Ableton is seeing it, but it's not being sent to the synth this time at all.

alexfsu

Post by alexfsu » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:25 am

Anyone please? I'm still having the MIDI feedback loop, as well as a note playing over and over, even after getting a replacement unit.