Sub 37 - 'Local Control' Broken?

Everything Sub.
muleskinner

Sub 37 - 'Local Control' Broken?

Post by muleskinner » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:34 am

Hi,

I am having problems with the 'local control' setting on my Sub 37 which has the 1.1 firmware installed - it doesn't seem to work as it should.

'Keys' turns off local control for the keyboard as expected.

'Wheels' seems to do absolutely nothing.

'Panel' actually turns off local control for the wheels!

So there appears to be no way to turn off 'local control' for the panel at the moment or am I missing something?

cheers

ps I'd also really like it if we could disable 'remote control', ie stop the Sub37 sending MIDI if required - I don't seem to be able to find a setting for this.
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

paul_sub37

Re: Sub 37 - 'Local Control' Broken?

Post by paul_sub37 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:52 am

I've just tried LOCAL CONTROL settings in mine, which uses 1.1 too and it worked as expected.

keys off - no response from keyboard when I play it
Wheels off - disables both wheels
Panel - disables panel and wheels

same in both PRESET and PANEL mode

I had an issue the other day with the mod wheel not working in PANEL mode and obtusemoose suggested I do a sequence erase (hold [BANK] and turn PATTERN knob to [REC} and that cleared that down for me. Might be worth trying.

Regarding preventing it sending, that's in the MIDI menu under OUT FILTERS where you can turn off the things you don't want to send midi.
My Sub 37 Patches - Sub 37 + Mother 32 + UR-44 + OS X 10.11/Ableton Live/Logic Pro X + Push 2

muleskinner

Re: Sub 37 - 'Local Control' Broken?

Post by muleskinner » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:47 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I've just been playing with it some more and I think I've figured it out. Maybe this is pilot error and I should RTFM (again) but it does seem to behave a little oddly to me.

What appears to happen is that all the settings work individually as you describe but if I set both 'panel' and 'wheels' to 'off' then only the wheels are disabled. This means setting everything to 'off' via the 'all' command is not disabling the panel, only the keys and wheels. The only way to get everything 'off' is to have 'keys' and 'panel' set to 'off' and 'wheels' set to on!

I tried the seq erase as you suggested and it makes no difference.

Something else I find weird is that when 'key's is set to 'off' it disables the arp even if you have a 'latched' sequence/arp already playing.

Thanks for the tip on the MIDI filtering - I'll check that out.

cheers
Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher