SOLVED: Slim Phatty Only Poly-Chain Question

Everything Phatty.
MrMaps

SOLVED: Slim Phatty Only Poly-Chain Question

Post by MrMaps » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:31 am

Hey y'all, I just picked up my second and third slim phattys yesterday after the Stupid Deal of the Day on Musicians Friend this weekend. Poly chaining is awesome so far, but I'm having one issue - the master unit is not sending changes to the rest of the chain. I want to be able to adjust the patch, filter cutoff, etc, on the first unit and have it control the second and third as well. Is there some setting I'm missing??

Edit: NEVERMIND! I just realized my problem. I used a midi merger to send both MIDI Out and MIDI Thru of the first slim through the rest of the chain, and now it works perfectly.

Psychlist1972

Re: SOLVED: Slim Phatty Only Poly-Chain Question

Post by Psychlist1972 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:39 am

MrMaps wrote:Hey y'all, I just picked up my second and third slim phattys yesterday after the Stupid Deal of the Day on Musicians Friend this weekend. Poly chaining is awesome so far, but I'm having one issue - the master unit is not sending changes to the rest of the chain. I want to be able to adjust the patch, filter cutoff, etc, on the first unit and have it control the second and third as well. Is there some setting I'm missing??

Edit: NEVERMIND! I just realized my problem. I used a midi merger to send both MIDI Out and MIDI Thru of the first slim through the rest of the chain, and now it works perfectly.
You don't actually need a separate MIDI merger to do this. Almost all my gear is in storage at the moment, but my 6 poly-phatty chain worked without that. I believe there was a setting in the first Slim to send Out+Thru.

Make sure you update them all, that they have the same patches, and that you calibrate them all. :)

Pete
Site/Blog: http://10rem.net
SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/psychlist1972
Twitter: @pete_brown

MRNUTTY

Post by MRNUTTY » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:41 am

Pete is right, you can literally chain them.
VoyagerEB, Minitaur, LittlePhattyII, 4xSlimPhatty, Sub37, MF[2x101,2x102,103,104M,105,105B,105M,2x107,108M], 3xCP251, XV351, MP201;
2xMother 32, DFAM, Subharmonicon;
System 55 and Minimoog clones with lots of mods.

Gekkonen

Post by Gekkonen » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi,

I just got my third SP today and can´t get the parameters to mirror, for example the filter cutoff only works for the 1st phatty but doesn´t turn the dials on the 2nd and the 3rd unit. With the previous two I did get it to work somehow but can´t remember how I did it.. Anyone know what to do?

Other than that, the sound is amazing! :)

Gekkonen

Post by Gekkonen » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:52 am

Problem solved. I always thought that if controlling the chain with external keyboard (not Little Phatty) all the Slims should be connected from thru to in. But it seems that the first chain is from out to in.

Another question though is that can you sync the LFO modulation of the poly chain?