Sub 37 rumors/new features wishlist

Everything Sub.
aroom

Re: Sub 37 rumors/new features wishlist

Post by aroom » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:29 am

maybe I'll repeat myself but it would be nice to be able to sequence an external synth via midi and still use the sub 37

HansH

Post by HansH » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi,

What I would like is (probably) sysex midi output with all sequencer parameters when changing a sequence: In that way an app on a small device could act as a 2nd display to show what the sequence and its parameters look like

Happy knobbing,
Hans
Cheers,
HansH

Chris M

Post by Chris M » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:42 am

Hello!

1. Attack/Delay Phase for the LFO´s would be nice...

2. NRPN- Mapping for the Sequencer are very important for me!

BravoAlphaLima

Post by BravoAlphaLima » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:49 am

Flareless wrote:One more vote for parameter display. Particularly BPM.

Otherwise...... I LOVE IT!
Shocked that the BPM rates aren't digitally displayed!

Absolutely love this synth. But I really hope this is addressed.
Moog Slim Phatty, Moog Little Phatty, Nord C2, Rhodes Mk 5, Memotron, Hammond XK3C, Hammond M3, Leslie 760 & 860, Fender Deluxe Reverb.

paul_sub37

Post by paul_sub37 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:08 am

I love what Amos and team have done already with the sub 37 - but here are a few things I'd add in an ideal world (some might already be possible, but if they are I've not figured out how):
  • +1 for all parameters to have their values displayed in the lcd when tweaked, especially bpm, and mod wheel amt when being entered into the sequencer
  • an undo in step sequencer edit mode
  • a means to change just the modulation for a step in step sequencer edit mode
  • even faster LFO rates are always welcome
  • ability to sysex dump a bank of presets vs only being able to dump all/single presets
  • more modulation options if remotely possible - eg ability to route aftertouch/velocity/modwheel without taking up a mod bus etc, route to multiple destinations etc
  • DUO mode option 1 - set a note and have all keys below use OSC 1 and all above use OSC 2
  • DUO mode option 2 - set it so that any single note only uses OSC 1 and a second played note uses OSC 2
  • a quick way to init in PANEL mode but using the physical knob values
My Sub 37 Patches - Sub 37 + Mother 32 + UR-44 + OS X 10.11/Ableton Live/Logic Pro X + Push 2

kvitekp

Post by kvitekp » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:46 am

Parameter value display and single shot LFO option -- these two will make Sub37 a perfect synth for me.

/Peter
www.midisizer.com - home of MidiALF MIDI/CV step sequencer, MidiREX MIDI Looper and more synth DIY stuff...

Dapifer

Post by Dapifer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:13 pm

It would also be good to be able to hold a step and see on the display what note it is on.

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:35 pm

The ability to copy a sequence from one preset to another might be cool.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

paul_sub37

Post by paul_sub37 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:23 am

Flareless wrote:The ability to copy a sequence from one preset to another might be cool.
you can already do that via sysex - but obviously it's more of a faff and needs an external device handling the sysex:
SEQUENCE SEND
This command will send a MIDI SysEx Dump of the edit buffer’s current sequence data (this
is the sequence as you have currently edited it, not the stored sequence). To send the buffer’s sequence data, press the CURSOR button highlighting the SEND parameter, and then press either of the   buttons to start the MIDI dump.

NOTE: When you send this type of SyEex file into a Sub 37, the data will go into its edit buffer, but not yet be stored into a Preset location. You will still have go through the SAVE procedure as outlined on page 13. The advantage of this is that you can send Sequence dumps to any preset without overwriting the saved preset’s sequence. To permanently save the sequence, just save the preset.
My Sub 37 Patches - Sub 37 + Mother 32 + UR-44 + OS X 10.11/Ableton Live/Logic Pro X + Push 2

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:07 am

paul_sub37 wrote:
you can already do that via sysex - but obviously it's more of a faff and needs an external device handling the sysex:
Thanks Paul! Bit of a kludge as you point out but definitely do-able.
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:17 pm

After having a Sub37 for a year and 2 months the " included in the box" editor/librarian should not be a wishlist item so I give up on that. Real Parameters on the display is absolutely essential especially since the editor is taking a couple of years and I have forgotten how I made some of my presets.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

HansH

Post by HansH » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm

A little more "in the box" request , as duo mode is so cool: New MOD PGM SRC: Single key (value -MAX) or Multiple keys (value + Max) pressed. Use case : destination EG times : single note short sound, 2 notes long sound.

Cheers,

Hans
Cheers,
HansH

lvdtsimulator

Post by lvdtsimulator » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:49 am

option to turn off the arp and LFO blinking LEDs -- I've placed my Sub 37 off to the right of my main keyboard and those blinking lights are a bit distracting on the periphery.
--
Sub 37, MOX8, Z-1, D-50, D-110, NS5R, DS-8, PK-5A

Flareless

Post by Flareless » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:31 am

lvdtsimulator wrote:option to turn off the arp and LFO blinking LEDs -- I've placed my Sub 37 off to the right of my main keyboard and those blinking lights are a bit distracting on the periphery.
LOL - That's Moog going for the Roland System-1 feel :lol:
Rich

ObtuseMoose

Post by ObtuseMoose » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:13 am

lvdtsimulator wrote:option to turn off the arp and LFO blinking LEDs -- I've placed my Sub 37 off to the right of my main keyboard and those blinking lights are a bit distracting on the periphery.
Yes, yes, yes! I've put a piece of masking tape over the arp LED because it's so freaking bright. The LFO lights are less distracting to me because they're (usually) slower and/or not hard on/off, but that arp LED blinking at a 2 Hz rate is almost seizure inducing. A visual metronome is useful in some cases, but I'd love the ability to adjust the brightness of it.

--
Moose