Using Sub 37 Arp to trigger other gear

Everything Sub.
Handsfree

Using Sub 37 Arp to trigger other gear

Post by Handsfree » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Hey guys -

I have a Juno 106 and I was wondering if I could use use the Sub 37 arp to trigger notes on the Juno?

Is this possible? If so, are there any specific settings i need to change in the Sub 37 global as I couldn't find any info about this online or in the manual.

_DemonDan_

Re: Using Sub 37 Arp to trigger other gear

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:08 am

Handsfree wrote:I have a Juno 106 and I was wondering if I could use use the Sub 37 arp to trigger notes on the Juno?
Is this possible? If so, are there any specific settings i need to change in the Sub 37 Global as
I couldn't find any info about this online or in the manual.
SEQUENCER OPTIONS (GLOBAL MENU 2.2)
MIDI OUT

This determines if the notes coming from the Sub 37’s MIDI Output are the actual keys being played (KEYS) or the notes being generated by the arpeggiator’s sequence (SEQ).
SEQ is the default setting.

You might want to make sure that the Sub 37 is transmitting on the same MIDI Channel that the Juno 106 is receiving.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

aroom

Post by aroom » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:56 am

@_DemonDan_

and if I want to trigger an external midi synth with the sequencer but not the sub37 ?

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:29 am

aroom wrote:and if I want to trigger an external MIDI synth with the sequencer but not the Sub 37 ?
Not sure it can be done.

Maybe... (I'm not near one to test this) you could turn Local Control to OFF and then run the Sub 37 via an external CV keyboard controller.

But, other than that, probably not.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _